KLF 20s worth the 5 hr drive to buy?

John kal

It seems as of now I've been through 7 or 8 sets of speakers in the last few years. Maybe I'm buying ones that are not to my taste. It's always the same thing. Not the right sound. I've never tried Klipsch so again I'm trying something just to see. I have a pair of Koss 1030s that I do enjoy. 

26 minutes ago, John kal said:

The drive is fine, not worried about that. I'm thinking are they good enough or worth the hassle to go that far. Will I want to change them next year like I do with all the rest.

4 minutes ago, John kal said:

It seems as of now I've been through 7 or 8 sets of speakers in the last few years. Maybe I'm buying ones that are not to my taste. It's always the same thing. Not the right sound. I've never tried Klipsch so again I'm trying something just to see. I have a pair of Koss 1030s that I do enjoy. 

Sounds like you will change them out if you rotate out that quickly.  Not a criticism as most of us here own at least 7 or 8 sets of speakers.  Just make sure the drive is OK and you can get your money back out of them. 

Otherwise, if you are in or near a big city, finding local deals is the way to go.

As an aside, concentrating on another hobby seems to make me not want to change speakers.

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Sounds like you will change them out if you rotate out that quickly.  Not a criticism as most of us here own at least 7 or 8 sets of speakers.  Just make sure the drive is OK and you can get your money back out of them. 

Otherwise, if you are in or near a big city, finding local deals is the way to go.

As an aside, concentrating on another hobby seems to make me not want to change speakers.

The problem is I read to much online. Too many opionions and I want to see if they're right. Chasing that sound that I'm problably never going to find unless I have 250K in a system. At least the hunt for the right speaker is kind of fun. 

6 minutes ago, John kal said:

The problem is I read to much online. Too many opionions and I want to see if they're right. Chasing that sound that I'm problably never going to find unless I have 250K in a system. At least the hunt for the right speaker is kind of fun. 

Will never work.  You have some fine equipment already.  I went overboard on a two channel system years ago, realized that it was overkill and sold most of it off and I am now happy with something that is not quite as crazy. 

8 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Will never work.  You have some fine equipment already.  I went overboard on a two channel system years ago, realized that it was overkill and sold most of it off and I am now happy with something that is not quite as crazy. 

I'm happy with the equipment. I always want to try better speakers. lol. It's always speakers. I'm always on the look out for the higher end 80s,90s 2000s speakers. 

4 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am doing the same thing. 

The key is to collect a few pair and rotate them in and out and appreciate each speaker for what they are.  I just finished some JBL Century's and and enjoying playing with them, but they definitely do not sound ad good as what is normally in the spot. 

I've done that many times. Then I keep saying to myself, if these are not as good why bother. Time to sell. I hate collecting audio equipment if I don't use it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Since nobody has asked, what do you like about the Koss 1030s? 

Can you describe the sound? 

Also, you room.  How big, dimensions, carpeted, etc? 

The room is a 20x24 approx. Tv wall has wood paneling, floors are tiles but I have a carpet in front of the system.  I sit about 8 feet away. I like the clarity of the highs on these speakers. They're not to bassy but I use a sub to help out. 

PXL_20211116_000304704 (2).jpg

• Like 1