Melody HIFI

henry4841

I have been having some PM's with Flevoman who is considering purchasing a new amplifier and he mentioned Melody of which I have not heard of. Marketed mostly in the European, Australian and Asian countries. From what I have found they are an Australian company with their products produced in China. For those interested here is their website and a tour of their facility in China by 6moons.com.

https://www.melodyhifi.com.au/aboutus/

https://6moons.com/industryfeatures/roadtourchina/melody.html

I found the tour to be very interesting. It would interesting to hear from a member that owns, has owned, one of these amplifiers. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I have been having some PM's with Flevoman who is considering purchasing a new amplifier and he mentioned Melody of which I have not heard of. 

It would interesting to hear from a member that owns, has owned, one of these amplifiers. 

I owned a Melody SP-7 some years back a quick google search popped up my listing on A'gon from when I sold it. The amp had a huge midrange sound but was fluffy in the bass and seemed rolled off in the highs. 

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis2h7d2-melody-sp-7-onix-sp-3-integrated-tube-amp-45-wpc-new-jj-el34l-tubes-tube?show_listing=true

• Like 1

I have a 45 tube amp I built and my experience is much the same as yours. Some of the best mids and vocals you will ever hear but suffers some in the lows. Have not noticed any difference in the highs vs my other amps but then being old and having the high loss that comes with old age I would not expect to hear much difference there. 

• Like 2

I have the Melody AN845 integrated amplifier.  I have owned it for approximately 1 1/2 years.  While rated at only 22 watts/channel  @ 8 ohms - it has driven speakers from Magnepan 3.7i, Von Schweickert VR4 jr, and JBL 4430 with ease.  The build quality is very nice (weighs over 90 lbs).  One of the best amplifiers I have owned.

CE5D20C6-1E37-4858-9DE8-9FA61DF2AE1E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly the speaker I am using for the Melody MDA2 😉..the CW4.. 

In the beginning I found the sound a little too shrill. But now that the tubes have more break in time the amplifier sounds really fantastic. I have little experience with other amplifiers, but I find the build quality and appearance very good.

• Like 4