Pro-Ject Extension 10 turntable for sale

Shakeydeal

Xtension 10 turntable in great condition. The only flaws are swirl marks in the dust cover. No nicks, scratches or cracks. This table has an upgraded Cardas RCA junction box instead of the DIN connection on the bottom. Use your favorite RCA cable. I have the original record weight and an upgraded polished weight as seen in the picture, both are included. I have the crate and packing materials but am not entertaining shipping at this time because of the sheer weight of this thing. I am pricing it for local pick up or I’m willing to meet at a reasonable distance of 24502.

Retail price 5000.00 Asking 1800.00

From the website:

The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating.The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally we’ve glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultrasilently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Pro-Ject 10” Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from ‘high-mass’ technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®

A DC-driven AC motor with a two-step pulley and electronic speed control maintains perfect pitch and rhythm resulting in inaudible wow & flutter. Further reducing noise and vibration is the isolated TPE mounting board for the 10″ carbon-fiber tonearm. The conical arm and integrated headshell are fashioned from a single piece of carbon fiber to avoid problems associated with standing wave reflections. Single-screw fixing of the armtube allows for easy azimuth adjustment if needed. The arm is fully adjustable for VTA

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

• Like 5

Not sure about 78. But it has a built in speed controller that is the same as the stand alone motor controller they sell separately. I have two counterweights I believe. I have the original crate, but I picked the whole thing up locally so I have never seen it packed as it ships.

2 hours ago, Schu said:

Hey Sharkey... I just read something... this unit will ALSO play 78rpm?

According to the Absolute Sound, it plays 78s:

"An LED display flush-mounted to the front right on the plinth’s top surface shows the exact speed, while a trio of buttons selects the speed (33.3, 45, 78), as well as minus and plus in tenths of an rpm."

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/pro-ject-xtension-10-turntable