Pass DIY builds for sale... Having first baby! All must go..

Dneu2011

As the title says, wife and I are having our first baby and that pushed me to finish all my partially completed projects to get rid of some parts I had on hand over the last 7 months! I have been building these items for fun and experience over the last 3 years and learned a lot. I recently started making my own custom logos to add some flair to the amps. If you do not like the look of an amp or want a special logo made separately, let me know and I can include so you can swap it out. I have listen to and enjoyed all of these pieces in my system, but realized it's time to let some of it go! I generally try to match up preamplifiers with amps and would offer discounts for multiple items being purchased.  I am located in Houston but willing to ship. We can negotiate shipping if multiple items are purchased. 

I can send more pictures, just PM me or message on this thread.

Preamplifiers and Headphone Amps:

- Korg Nutube b1 Preamplifier in black Hammond Chassis with AMB Sigma o11 regulated PSU in external matching chassis - SOLD

- Korg Nutube b1 Preamplifier in silver Hifi2000 chassis and contains power filtering board inside. The power supply is a Triad SMPS wall wart - Asking $400 (preamplifier only)

-  Amp Camp Preamp in silver Hifi2000 chassis with Triad SMPS wall wart - Asking $400 (Preamplifier and Headphone amp)

- Wayne's Linestage Preamplifier in a custom built chassis with AMB o11 Sigma power supply and walnut sides - SOLD

- Whammy (Waynes Headphone Amp Must Make Yourself) in a silver Hifi2000 chassis. I added preamplifier outputs to it and a switch for either mode - Asking $350

Amplifiers:

- Amp Camp Amplifier with Diyaudio Forum modifications recommended by Tungstenaudio and Rudi Ratlos, CapMX Power Supply, 28 volt rails, and custom built chassis with 10mm silver faceplate and rack handles - Asking $700

- Amp Camp Amplifier with Diyaudio Forum modifications recommended by Tungstenaudio and Rudio Ratlos, CRC Nelson Pass Power Supply, 24 volt rails, and custom built chassis with walnut faceplate - SOLD

- Amp Camp Amplifier mono block pairs in custom chassis with Curly Maple faceplates and  Tungstenaudio upgrades to the boards. 24V Meanwell power suppliers. - A friend enjoyed these for 6 months and ended up buying one of my last pairs of upgraded PSU amps for his system knowing I wouldn't be building any more for awhile - SOLD

- Currently building a pair of Amp Camp amps in the Diyaudio chassis' with Tungstenaudio upgrades and a separate external PSU with CapMX PSU, torroidal transformers, and a Hifi2000 Pesante 2u. Length of umbilical cord will be between 2-3 feet. - SOLD

Other:

- H2 Harmonic Generator with 12V Power supply in small, silver hammond chassis. Great way to add second harmonic distortion on a budget! - SOLD

IMG_6543.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

• Like 4

The two silver amp camps have been completed along with the Power Supply!

these amps are now wired dual mono and each amp board has its own PSU board and transformer secondary. The front switches for the amps are not hooked up as switching on the PSU turns on both amps.  This was done to keep the two power supplies separated. 

Modifications and upgrades made to the amps as well from DiyAudio. 

Umbilical cords are about 2.5 feet long. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dneu2011 said:

The normal amp camps from diy audio with external power supplies as monoblocks state 16 watts in bridged, XLR, or parallel ( 4 ohm). 

these should give more power with the upgraded PSU. Although, Nelson rates his amps much lower than the power they put out. 

I had a class A/B amp rated at 120 watts into my Harbeth speakers.  All these amps I built with the upgraded power supplies to me sounded just as loud if not better. 

I no longer own that Class A/B amp!

if I had to guess, I would say 20 watts Class A as monoblocks. 

Thanks, I built the 8w x 2 ACA with the 24v wallwart. Love it, but need 20 of Nelson's watts to be fully happy with my bass place on my Chorus IIs.

3 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Thanks, I built the 8w x 2 ACA with the 24v wallwart. Love it, but need 20 of Nelson's watts to be fully happy with my bass place on my Chorus IIs.

If you built them stock, there are some good upgrades I used on these amps along with the power supplies. 

a good power supply makes the biggest difference. I built a pair of amps for a friend stock and had him listen through each upgrade and he heard a big difference each time. 

the PSU he said was the biggest, but the easiest and cheapest is the schematic and part changes. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dneu2011 said:

If you built them stock, there are some good upgrades I used on these amps along with the power supplies. 

a good power supply makes the biggest difference. I built a pair of amps for a friend stock and had him listen through each upgrade and he heard a big difference each time. 

the PSU he said was the biggest, but the easiest and cheapest is the schematic and part changes. 

I only built one and run it in stereo. I'd love the link to the PSU to build. I find all the DIY forums a bit hard to wade through.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there isn’t really a link. If you built the stock amp camp in the diy chassis you have to modify the chassis and power wiring to be able to use an external power supply. 

I use CapMX PSU boards created by Jason Keutemann and boards designed by Rudi Ratlos on DiyAudio. I build my own external power supply or incorporate the PSU and toroidal transformer into a single or two different amps (for Monoblocks). I have also tried a CRC (capacitor, resistor, capacitor) recommended by Nelson and it also sounds very nice. The walnut amp that just sold I built with the CRC and the Klipsch member that bought it sent me a video and he is REALLY enjoying it with his Heresy 3. 

The stock amp camp 2U Dissipante chassis is too small to incorporate a good PSU and torroidal which is why an external PSU is a MUST. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys you will do yourself a favor and grab those B1's for use with your SS amplifiers to get a taste of a little 2nd harmonic a tube preamplifier delivers. These are excellent preamplifiers designed by Nelson Pass considered by many the best amplifier designer of our lifetime. Seem to be well built. The kit for diy'ers cost $300 alone. Have one I built myself and use it with my SS amplifiers when I desire a different sound from them. Someone got a great deal on a Wayne Colburn designed preamplifier. Retail designed preamplifiers by him sell for thousands. I am not one to use headphones but for those that do you should grab that Whammy also designed by Wayne Colburn. Taking offers he said. 

Thanks Henry!  Yes, one Klipsch member purchased the toroidal walnut single amp last month. He liked it so much that he and I got to talking again about other options. I gave him a good deal on the Waynes Preamp plus the two Curly maple amp camps. I swapped out the faceplates to create a matching setup. Below is a picture of one of the monoblocks and the preamp.

67727082558__9506E6F4-F114-4A11-924A-522069986995.jpg

• Like 2

If anyone is on the fence about picking up one of these components I’d say go Nike and just do it. I bought the B1 and two ACAs all three with upgrades mentioned. I’m driving Zu Audio Omen 2 Dirty Weekend in the most horrendous environment you could imagine, there is no reason it should sound good, yet it sounds pretty amazing. Dneu2011 listened a bit today and I think he disapproved of all but the sound, the imaging, detail, separation and soundstage defy the set up appearance and environment. So, you put these in a decent to good room and you have something really special. In fact, I’m really tempted to pick up his last amp just because I might kill what I have and could use a back-up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this again. Still have a lot of gear for sale and taking offers. 

Baby girl is here and I need to let some items go!

also want to drop a note that I will be slowly building a dual mono Pass M2x during my spare time and another Amp camp (integrated) with external toroidal power supply.  

if anyone is interested, drop me a PM. 

On 6/24/2022 at 4:10 PM, Dneu2011 said:

Thanks Henry!  Yes, one Klipsch member purchased the toroidal walnut single amp last month. He liked it so much that he and I got to talking again about other options. I gave him a good deal on the Waynes Preamp plus the two Curly maple amp camps. I swapped out the faceplates to create a matching setup. Below is a picture of one of the monoblocks and the preamp.

67727082558__9506E6F4-F114-4A11-924A-522069986995.jpg

As the happy owner of the above mentioned gear let me just add my two cents. I am completely blown away by the sound I now have. I was on the fence about buying the kit, I wanted a second amp so I could keep my system down in my music room in my basement but the wife wants music back upstairs. A remodel forced all equipment down to the basement. I read a lot of good stuff on this site concerning the ACA and this posting came along with the items for sale. I put together a Marantz M7 tube preamp clone which I ran into my Marantz 2252B but found lots of things lacking. I ran the pre into the mains in so the 2252 was just a power amp. It sounded great, so I thought then my first ACA from Dneu arrived. This was a major sound awakening for me, to the point that I realized that the Marantz 2252B needed some love. A restoration is within my skill set but is going to take time, time that I just don't have. This is more of a winter project. That being said, I just can't go back and was made a great deal on the monoblocks and a linestage pre. I have to say that this setup, mono's and the linestage literally blow me away. The 16 watts into my H3's is way more sound than I need in my small space and I appreciate the fact that I don't miss anything at what I consider my normal volume. So, now I have two great systems and have to decide what goes where and I can focus on more speakers.  I will let anyone on the fence know that the build quality of Dneu stuff is top shelf, he even replaced the fronts of the monos with walnut so my system would completely match. So to close I do want to send a great big thanks to Dneu.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the feedback from members that tried the Pass gear. I am still in Possession of the below items:

- Silver Nutube B1 preamp

- Silver Whammy preamp/headphone amp

- Silver Pass ACP preamp/headphone amp

- Black Nutube preamp (can sell without the exernal PSU)

- Silver Capmx ACA amplifier in 4U chassis

- H2 Harmonic generator buffer

Unfortunately I do not have a pair of monoblocks for sale. The only remaining amp I have for sale right now is the modified Amp Camp with torroidal transformer and upgraded PSU in larger 4u Chassis and 10mm aluminum silver faceplate. This amps modifications were made to sound better than a pair of monoblocks and power output of 10-15 watts class A. I have tested it vs the stock amp camps in monoblock and it is a for sure a fantastic amp with Klipsch and other efficient speakers.  Below is the amp with the matching ACP preamp.

I do have a brother wanting to upgrade his two monoblock amp camps to something different. I can ask for his two amps and see what he wants for them. They are stock built with silver heatsinks, mahogany wood faceplates, RCA bridged ONLY, and look similar to the above walnut amps I built with the external laptop power supplies... I could rebuild, upgrade, and add all connections on the back and pair with a preamp.

IMG_6875.jpg