Pairing Heresy IVs with SVS SB1000 Pro

I've recently added an SVS SB1000 Pro to my Heresy IVs, stereo, two channel only system. I’ve had a lot of fun playing around with the setting — volume, low pass filter, slope etc. i’m curious if anyone has experience with this particular pairing. If so, I’d love to know how others have set up their SVS sub with the Heresy IVs.

17 hours ago, Joe Carter said:

I've recently added an SVS SB1000 Pro to my Heresy IVs, stereo, two channel only system. I’ve had a lot of fun playing around with the setting — volume, low pass filter, slope etc. i’m curious if anyone has experience with this particular pairing. If so, I’d love to know how others have set up their SVS sub with the Heresy IVs.

Joe, what music are you listening to? Also curious how big your room is.

I have an older SB1000 paired with Heresy IIs, using the LFE input on the subwoofer, and aftermarket 80Hz high pass filters on the inputs to each Heresy.

I set the sub's crossover by ear, using the dial indications as a guidline. Same with the level. which is roughly at 11 o'clock. Honestly, you'd never know the sub was on, the transition from sub to Heresy is so seamless.

To respond to: Wuzzer, Idontknow & PeterP ---

My room is an irregular shape. it’s roughly 15’ x 15’.

i have the the Low Pass Filter set to 60 and the Slope at 24 dB, which SVS recommends for Heresy IVs. I have the volume set at around -6 or -7 for music. The blending is seamless to my ears. I listen to a many different types of music but mainly Jazz, Folk & Rock.

Edited by Joe Carter
  • Like 1

I don’t have an SVS sub, but, I do have a JL audio e110 sub making beautiful music with my Heresy iii’s in a 15 X 25 foot room. Master Level (volume) is at 12 o’clock, crossover set at about 50 hz, phase setting is 250 deg, and I found that I like the sound better using a high level (speaker level) connection between my amp and the sub. Hope this helps.

Bill

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 10:20 AM, 1OldTubeGuy said:

I don’t have an SVS sub, but, I do have a JL audio e110 sub making beautiful music with my Heresy iii’s in a 15 X 25 foot room. Master Level (volume) is at 12 o’clock, crossover set at about 50 hz, phase setting is 250 deg, and I found that I like the sound better using a high level (speaker level) connection between my amp and the sub. Hope this helps.

Bill

Curious to think what you think  about this sub company and their opinion on using low lever in puts instead of high  for Heresy's ( they have both )

https://rel.net/blog/2022-04-27/system-thinking/klipsch-and-high-efficiency-explained/

When I demo’ed the REL and the JL Audio e110 in the dealer showrooms, I liked the JL Audio Sub MUCH better. It went deeper, and sounded cleaner to my ears down low, when I played a CD with a pipe organ (Jongen Fantasia in A). My local dealer allows me to take equipment home to demo it in my system, which I did with the JL e110. I have an Aric Audio Transcend KT 120 SE tube amp, connected to the Heresy iii’s, and the only connection available is a high level connection.

Bill

In general, if you can hear the sub, it's  10dB too loud.  At +5 dB, my system sounds "impressive" without the subs being obnoxious.  You really ought to get a sound meter to accurately setup the sub(s). 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Joe Carter said:

Very much so. It's like the perfect compliment.

Hey Joe

What volume do you listen at  ?

svs asked me this today and I told them around 90db according to phone app so they punched in my 19x19 rm  and my Heresy iv and said I  need sb -3000  unless I used two 1000's which would be better.

What volume do you listen at ? 

I would prefer to get one sb- 1000 pro and maybe add a 2nd  later on down the road .

But not if a single 1000 can't handle 90 db's.

listen to mostly rock

On 5/23/2022 at 10:20 AM, 1OldTubeGuy said:

Bill

$ 2000.00 Plus

I bet it does sound nice 🙂