SOLD! RF-83 Cherry finish in Illinois

Iteachstem

Hello all,

I am the original owner.  Always used with subs in my 2.2 system.  As for the condition, the pictures speak for themselves. Everything works perfectly. Pet free and smoke free home. 

Of course I will audition these for you. (I have a small selection of bourbons you may sample while auditioning if you like!)  Bring your own gear or I have some equipment with which to audition... we can chat about the details if interested.

Feel free to ask any questions.

$1500 for Forum members

Located in 60511 (Western Burbs of Chicago)

Not interested in shipping.

IMG_9336.jpg

IMG_9335.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9334.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

RF-83's are on my short list, and cherry is my finish. Don't have extra funds these days so I'm glad you're not close. Otherwise I'd be finding a way to bring them home. Beautiful speakers, good luck, I'm sure someone will pick them up soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Iteachstem changed the title to SOLD! RF-83 Cherry finish in Illinois
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, Southern said:

Hope that you don't have sellers remorse.

I thought I would, but I don't.  Yes, I've owned and enjoyed these for a long time, but I recently purchased a set of RF-7II's in cherry for a very good price. (Not in as nice of condition though...) I now have a "one in and one out" speaker policy, so I did a lengthy A/B comparison between the RF-83's and the RF-7II's.  They both sounded very similar and there was no obvious winner.  There were actually 2 things that made me keep the RF-7II's over the RF-83's....

1) The saxophone sounded a little more natural on one of the many audition songs.

2) My better half said she liked the fact that the Rf-7II's seemed a little less tippy.... and with two young ones, ages 4 and 5, that was the deciding factor.

• Like 2