Helped a guy with his bucket list

wuzzzer

I had recently acquired an RC-7 center speaker with the plan to use it in place of the soundbar in our main floor living room that's primarily used by my wife.  I knew it was a big speaker and I should have measured where it was going to go because after I got it I knew it wasn't going to work.

So, I put it up for sale on Facebook and Craigslist.  Got an email through Craigslist a few days later from a gentleman who said he'd buy it.  He lives a little over an hour from me.  He stopped by the next day and I had it set up and when he first saw it his eyes lit up and he had a huge smile.  I had no point of reference as to his age but I was surprised to see he was probably in his 70s.  We chatted a bit and he told me that he's always wanted a really nice Klipsch home theater.

Then he said he's terminally ill and recently moved into a home his brother owns because he's letting him live there for free since he can't work.  I was surprised how positive he was despite his situation.  As we talked more he mentioned that he has a nephew who likes Klipsch as well and said "my nephew is going to end up with a really nice setup."

It made me happy that through this hobby I was able to help the gentleman with his lifelong dream.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1