Choosing the right center for a pair of RP 600M

RodHQ

Hey, so the title is pretty straight forward. I'm running a pair of 600Ms and I'm finally in a room big enough (and financially available to be buying gear lol) for a center channel. Thing is, I have no idea how to choose which of Klipsch's center are a match to the 600ms. I'm guessing either 600c or one of the 2 quad woofer ones (404/504 c)? 

I'm mainly worried about timber matching, I tried with a borrowed low quality center and it really kills the image, I'd rather go with a ghost center if that's the case 

The room is roughly 5x7m if that makes any difference. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Best would be a third 600M.  Then the 600C.

That was my first choice, but unless I switch to a projector (I'm using a TV), size wise, not the best option

I've heard people say to put it on its side, but as far as I understand that's not even close to optimal, so no go for me 

Btw does Klipsch even sell individual speakers? 🤔

Edited by RodHQ

58 minutes ago, RodHQ said:

That was my first choice, but unless I switch to a projector (I'm using a TV), size wise, not the best option

I've heard people say to put it on its side, but as far as I understand that's not even close to optimal, so no go for me 

Btw does Klipsch even sell individual speakers? 🤔

Sometimes you can find a single on eBay, craigslist, etc.

Or you can buy a pair and sell the leftover speaker.

11 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Sometimes you can find a single on eBay, craigslist, etc.

Or you can buy a pair and sell the leftover speaker.

I live in Mexico so that might be harder than it sounds 😕

One more question, when/why would I need the quad woofer ones? Bigger room? 

Because there is a very tiny, but still real possibility I might go for the towers in the future and move the 600ms to the back

On 5/24/2022 at 2:24 AM, RodHQ said:

center channel

Suggest you check out the RC-7. No longer in production, but some available on eBay - sorry; no clue what's available in Mexico :(  The RC-7 has 2x 8" woofers with a 1.75" driver on the horn. Current Klipsch centers have 6.5" (or even smaller) woofers and only a 1" horn driver. Obviously a major downgrade :( And the RC-7 would be much better when you switch to tower speakers.

Just got a pair of RC-7's (using them as L/R AVR/TV speakers). Awesome. They (almost) keep up with my much bigger Klipsch Pro stuff :) 

Salud, Emile