AK5? Not sure on this one

Shakeydeal

I think its difficult for folks who are INTO Klipsch, but do love their speakers, to understand the difference between the generations. They all generally look the same and the models were not given a MKii, MKIII type designation. The google Klipschorn and see prices from 3k to 15k. 

6 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Aren't these indeed AK-2? 1986

Think so. His add even says XOs replaced with Crites AK-3. My 87s had AK-2 XOs I'm pretty sure.

and the crossovers have been replaced with Crites AK-3

5 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Just curious

I would suggest  that to arouse your extreme curiosity ,  to reach out  to the seller directly , the contact info is online .  I am sure the seller will be more than happy to answer all your questions  .

17 minutes ago, 001 said:

I would suggest that to arouse your extreme curiosity  , to reach out  to the seller directly , the contact info is online .  I am sure the seller will be more than happy to answer your questions  .

My question was how did you know since you stated it as a fact in your posting…?

”extreme curiosity” now thats funny 😆 

miketn

6 hours ago, 001 said:

I thought you were aware of the  new  IRS reporting    ( Ppal )  for online sales / earnings per person/annum  .

Ppal  will report to the  IRS , the amount received  through  Ppal for the Fiscal Year  , ( payment via Ppal  , as per the ad  )  ....and  for the IRS   , all  amounts whether on  USAAUDIOMART or Ppal must  match ,  the seller declares for the Record , having sold the khorns for 4600$ on USAAUDIOMART  web site .

As well   , had the seller sold  the Khorns  for less than 4600$ , he would have  stated on USAAUDIOMART  the lower selling price to reduce his potentially taxable earnings , but he did not ,   /.........4600$ is the selling price .

Perhaps… but the adds only state “Asking Price” and no where do I see actual sold price. Also who knows if he actually received payment through PayPal or how he was paid. 

I’ve already wasted more time than I care to on this but after checking it out a little deeper I see that the Buyer of the Klipschorns also made a combined deal for a Tube Amplifier along with the Klipschorns so who knows what kind of deal the Buyer/Seller ultimately made as far as actual dollars exchanged, actual method of payment and how much was IRS reportable.

The way I see it only the Buyer/Seller know what the final deal was and to assume it all went for “Asking Price” and was completed through “PayPal” isn’t justified at this point and could be misleading unless you have actual firsthand knowledge.

miketn

A96914BC-6566-49EA-8284-0F65FEA20FF5.thumb.jpeg.8382e26c5865dd3b9c1c912a3df2af5d.jpeg

D45E225E-C855-4553-A2DF-629337B583D8.thumb.jpeg.7e0a33b6f1e4a6176af0f15b6dbaafe5.jpeg

63260E2F-7BE8-401B-BD03-4775BC88FAFE.thumb.jpeg.b639abcba1e90d616b74a0e9df351344.jpeg

If only Klipsch would get their act together and implement a Disinformation Governance Board.. maybe the "resistor" can be nominated as the Czar? Should would clear a lot of things up around here!

23 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

If only Klipsch would get their act together and implement a Disinformation Governance Board.. maybe the "resistor" can be nominated as the Czar? Should would clear a lot of things up around here!

You are looking at the wrong thing. The moderators are supposed to be the “czars”.   And regardless, apparently no matter what anyone says it makes zero impact.