Does Klipsch THX Ultra2 hold up in 2022

BobbyJonez

Do this system hold up in 2022?

The reason I am asking, is that I have gotten a good deal on them. Only LCR (KL-650) and surrounds (KL-525).

They will replace SVS Ultra Towers and Center - will it be an upgrade or a downgrade?

My dual pb-3000s will stay in this setup.

99% movies 1% music

They will be placed in and untreated room, but with some diffusion from furniture etc. I usually watch movies at -20 to -15 volume level. Medium-sized room.

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to listen to them before purchasing.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by BobbyJonez

They are great for movies and very easy to get set up and sounding good.

Inch for Inch I have not heard better .

Contrary to popular belief these do like lots of Power. I noticed a world of difference going from an AVR to seperates.

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyJonez said:

3x650 and 4x525 for at full 7.1 setup. No stands, but I don't see why that is relevant to my questions? 😁

Nice! Just wasn't sure. Some have had them. May have some luck, opinions by doing a search of the forum. Good fortune...

On 5/27/2022 at 6:22 AM, BobbyJonez said:

The reason I am asking, is that I have gotten a good deal on them. Only LCR (KL-650) and surrounds (KL-525).

They will replace SVS Ultra Towers and Center - will it be an upgrade or a downgrade?

Never heard the SVS loudspeakers so, I can't answer your question about comparing the two equally fine quality systems. I think I could enjoy either one. If you do purchase the "good deal" please share your thoughts about the sound.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...