RP-8000s No Sound

STRATT

Hopefully this is the right sub forum. I connected my RP 8000s to my Yamaha RX-V6A, along with my RP-404C in my RP-502S surrounds. Everything works except for the RP-8000s. I had JBL‘s hooked up as my main speakers before and replaced them with the 8000s, but I’m getting no sound when I run a test tone.  The receiver will not see the speakers at all. I’m at a loss.

• Like 1

Welcome! There is a Home Theater subforum here that most could post to.

Did you hookup the 8000s with the metal strips attached from lower to higher like colored speaker terminal connecters on both speakers?

If so make sure In menu that mains are not blocked in any way.

Please reply back. @STRATT

Thanks!

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Welcome! There is a Home Theater subforum here that most could post to.

Did you hookup the 8000s with the metal strips attached from lower to higher like colored speaker terminal connecters on both speakers?

If so make sure In menu that mains are not blocked in any way.

Please reply back. @STRATT

Thanks!

Thank you. Yes I left the jumpers on. There’s nothing in the menu I can see about selecting (or unselecting) the mains.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STRATT said:

Thank you. Yes I left the jumpers on. There’s nothing in the menu I can see about selecting (or unselecting) the mains.

Coffee time, and a bump where others can  help assist. Nice Yamaha BTW...

Just now, STRATT said:

So it’s definitely something to do with the AVR. I switched the speakers around and the 8000s do work.

Alright...have you checked your users manual troubleshooting or done a reset?

Thanks!

Another is, try playing something disregarding the menu pink noise test at some point.

Another is contacting the seller of the Yamaha or Yamaha site for help.

Yes, the manual, if not handy, likely online at Yammie.

Please allow me to go into more detail about what lead up to his and where I’m at now.

Yamaha was last used in a 5.1 setup last July.  At that time it was connected to my JBLs (which I no longer have).  It’s been in storage from then until now.  In the meantime, I purchased the Klipsch speakers, and in particular the 8000s because they can be bi-amped (my Yamaha allows for this).

A few days ago, I pulled the Yamaha out of storage and connected all the new Klipsch speakers (R,C,L,RR, LR) with new 14 gauge wire and banana plugs.  I followed the instruction manual and wired the speakers for bi-amping.  The unit was off and not connected to power.  I then attempted to run the Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO).  After 14 seconds and no sound emitted, I got the following message:  “E1:No Front SP” (no front speakers detected) to which the listed solution was “Exit YPAO, turn off the unit, and then check the speaker connections.”  I assumed it had something to do with the attempt at bi-amping, put the jumpers back on the speakers and removed the second set of speaker wires from the equation.  I again got the same error from YPAO.  However, I could hear speaker emissions when running a test tone, although none from the front channel.

After continuing to play around with it with no success, I posted here.  After reading all the suggestions and continuing to investigate, I reset the receiver, and double checked the firmware.  In order to be sure that the speakers weren’t the issue, I switched the front channel 8000s with the surround channel 502s.  I then ran a test tone and found that the 8000s on the surround channel were now emitting sound.  At that point I knew that the speakers weren’t necessarily the issue.  I couldn’t find anything in the manual about fuses, nor are there any accessible fuses in the back that I could see.

I then took a multi-meter and tested the continuity of all eight speaker wires for the front channel bi-amp set up.  They all are good.  I set everything back up for bi-amping and tried running YPAO again.  Still can’t detect the front channel speakers.  (I did choose the Bi-Amp option in the setup menu.)  I have a Sony receiver in storage that I plan to set up tomorrow just to confirm that all the speakers work as they are supposed to.  Other than that, I’m not sure how to proceed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, STRATT said:

Please allow me to go into more detail about what lead up to his and where I’m at now.

Yamaha was last used in a 5.1 setup last July.  At that time it was connected to my JBLs (which I no longer have).  It’s been in storage from then until now.  In the meantime, I purchased the Klipsch speakers, and in particular the 8000s because they can be bi-amped (my Yamaha allows for this).

A few days ago, I pulled the Yamaha out of storage and connected all the new Klipsch speakers (R,C,L,RR, LR) with new 14 gauge wire and banana plugs.  I followed the instruction manual and wired the speakers for bi-amping.  The unit was off and not connected to power.  I then attempted to run the Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO).  After 14 seconds and no sound emitted, I got the following message:  “E1:No Front SP” (no front speakers detected) to which the listed solution was “Exit YPAO, turn off the unit, and then check the speaker connections.”  I assumed it had something to do with the attempt at bi-amping, put the jumpers back on the speakers and removed the second set of speaker wires from the equation.  I again got the same error from YPAO.  However, I could hear speaker emissions when running a test tone, although none from the front channel.

After continuing to play around with it with no success, I posted here.  After reading all the suggestions and continuing to investigate, I reset the receiver, and double checked the firmware.  In order to be sure that the speakers weren’t the issue, I switched the front channel 8000s with the surround channel 502s.  I then ran a test tone and found that the 8000s on the surround channel were now emitting sound.  At that point I knew that the speakers weren’t necessarily the issue.  I couldn’t find anything in the manual about fuses, nor are there any accessible fuses in the back that I could see.

I then took a multi-meter and tested the continuity of all eight speaker wires for the front channel bi-amp set up.  They all are good.  I set everything back up for bi-amping and tried running YPAO again.  Still can’t detect the front channel speakers.  (I did choose the Bi-Amp option in the setup menu.)  I have a Sony receiver in storage that I plan to set up tomorrow just to confirm that all the speakers work as they are supposed to.  Other than that, I’m not sure how to proceed.

Did you get this figured out? I’m having pretty much the same issue with my Yamaha RX V1800 receiver. When I hook it up regular style to the “Front” terminals on he stereo and the main terminals on the RP1800II’s I get no sound, but if I do the bi amp mode and connect to he lower bi amp terminals on the speakers the speakers seem to work fine.