Identification help

i just inherited these from my grandpa, he loved stereo systems and spent his free time building them as well as collecting! I am having a hard time finding any info about this pair, and would love to know how to set them up (where is the power supply?? Lol) they were working in his home about a year ago. I’ve included photos!

Optimized-71E4232E-4AF9-4DBD-B57B-9989027FFFA0.jpeg

Optimized-7AA31CF2-3F36-4763-AD14-640898DED819.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome! Yes those look like a LaScala original or a split.  Look on the rear of the speaker where it should be open at the top and to view rear of horn speakers. Inside there you should also see a board with electronics and wires attached to it. If so, there is where to connect speaker wires from the power unit or receiver.

Take a photo of the board where where wires connect , labels so we can make certain it will be a standard connection correctly.

Thanks!

@Lnorrisyork...

Congrats! Nice looking speakers. He knew his music.

Edited by billybob

I have seen this unique pair of speakers, as the previous owner used to be my neighbor. As billybob pointed out, these are LaScala splits which have a formica laminate applied to them. Some LaScala splits have square tops, but these are triangular so I think the backs are mostly sealed up like the bass bins, except for a panel with banana connectors.

@Lnorrisyork

I will attempt to contact you through the board to see if I can offer any assistance with the set up of your speakers. As a new member, I don't think you can respond by private message until you have several posts, so I will attempt to send you my contact info. Your grandpa was a member of the Oregon Triode Society, a club of tube gear enthusiasts. They are based in Portland as are several members of this forum. He powered these speakers with a custom-built 300B tube amp and a Bottlehead tube preamp, but there are many suitable amplifers available that you can use and it doesn't take much power to drive them. These are wonderful speakers and they will change the way you hear music. Welcome to the world of Klipsch!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lnorrisyork said:

i just inherited these from my grandpa, he loved stereo systems and spent his free time building them as well as collecting! I am having a hard time finding any info about this pair, and would love to know how to set them up (where is the power supply??

there is no power supply on these speakers , as they are non-powered speakers , you have to connect the speakers to the Amplifier .

These speakers are  Klipsch Lascala Industrial Splits , so top cabinet is  tweeter -midrange  High Frequency  , bottom cabinet is the woofer , Low Frequency  ,