Klipsch Officially Announces the 75th Anniversary Jubilee (Limited to 75 Pairs +1)

Travis In Austin

• 2 months later...

These truly are serious questions - assuming the 75th Jubilees can still be had at the present time:

How would I go about ordering a set?

How would they be delivered, and is it possible to have a white glove service to deliver and set up?

How long are deliveries running these days?

I can figure this out for myself, but I would like knowledgeable opinions from the forum!

I have the perfect room for speakers of this size, however the location is on the second floor (two flights of steps). I built my retirement house, and a dedicated designed audio room (well dimensioned, floating floors and walls, well insulated, structurally beefy, lots of electrical power and with consideration for all services and wiring needed, etc. etc.). This in order to install my current 32 amplifier channel Klipshorn / JBL / Altec Lansing super system (2 Khorns, 2 custom JBL columns, 2 Altec VOTT, 8-18" subwoofers). This system resides in my old house 200 miles away and to dismantle and move it will be a mammoth undertaking. Gives me pause...

With the introduction of the Heritage Jubilees, I am having second thoughts - why not simplify my life? I have been working on finishing my house since I retired (almost 5 years now) and I am 64 wishing to move on to other retirement activities, rather than spend the better part of the next year completing this little project.

So if this is a realistic possibility, I could see myself pulling the trigger!

I don't know if any of the 75th's are available.

I presume other than badging, they will be identical to the non-anniversary version (note, NOT the "underground" version)

Point being, if the Anniversary units are not available, you can still get (sonically) the same thing, just less bling and less $$.

Having heard the 'underground' version for 10-15 years, I'll say that they are the most outstanding thing I've ever heard.  I've not heard the new Heritage version, Roy won't let me as he says I slobber like a puppy dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quad Khorns said:

How would I go about ordering a set?

How would they be delivered, and is it possible to have a white glove service to deliver and set up?

How long are deliveries running these days?

As the others pointed out, there may not be any more available other than the pair going to the museum..

After calling Cory @ Paducah, you can call others from the Klipsch list closer to you:

https://www.klipsch.com/dealers?c=United+States&z=0000&filter[]=heritage&r=10000

But I wonder whether Cory and Upscale would actually stock them as opposed arranging for drop shipment.

Goof luck.

Thanks for the thoughts. Ok so there are more standard versions, not just the 75th models (I was thinking the Heritage was the only model). I wouldn't need the "bling" although those teak finishes are sweet...

I previously did check out Paducah, they are about 6 hours from me. I thought they probably would not deliver that far away (and I really don't want to try and manhandle 300 lb+ speakers up two flights of stairs). That most likely would be a deal breaker for me. There is a Heritage dealer about 1.5 hours away, and a non-Heritage dealer about 20 minutes. Do you think the non-Heritage dealer is authorized to sell the non-Heritage Jubilees?

So Roy D himself is Chief Bonehead! That is cool he is active on this forum - most manufacturers would not bother.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, michaelwjones said:

All current Jubilees are Heritage speakers. You should call Cory in the morning and discuss shipping; he ships all over the country.

But he doesn't want them "just shipped." He wants the dealer to put them in his second floor dedicated audio room (i.e. white glove). 

He would need to ask Cory what can be arranged. Six hour drive is probably too far for any dealer to also handle the installation. 

If there is a reputable piano mover near by that's probably the best bet, get them coordinated to delivery and then installation/placement.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks for the thoughts. Ok so there are more standard versions, not just the 75th models (I was thinking the Heritage was the only model). I wouldn't need the "bling" although those teak finishes are sweet...

There is the Jubilee, in black ash or American walnut. 

There is also the Jubilee 75th Anniversary Edition. https://www.klipsch.com/products/75th-anniversary-jubilee-floorstanding-speaker

The Museum will be doing a Jubilee 75th Anniversary Museum Edition (one pair) soon. 

I previously did check out Paducah, they are about 6 hours from me. I thought they probably would not deliver that far away (and I really don't want to try and manhandle 300 lb+ speakers up two flights of stairs). That most likely would be a deal breaker for me. There is a Heritage dealer about 1.5 hours away, and a non-Heritage dealer about 20 minutes. Do you think the non-Heritage dealer is authorized to sell the non-Heritage Jubilees?

If Paducah can't arrange white glove that far away, call the Heritage dealer that is closer to you to see what they will do. I doubt that the non-heritage dealer can help you, but you never know. My understanding was that they are only sold through Heritage dealers. 

If the Heritage dealers you contact can handle the placement in your dedicated audio room on the 2nd floor, see if there is a well regarded piano moving company in your area that would coordinate with your delivery date. They deal with this all of the time (moving large, odd shaped, extremely heavy, and delicate wooden objects worth tens of thousands of dollars (or more)). @MMurg went this route with great success. 

2 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

If there is a reputable piano mover near by that's probably the best bet,

^^^

This.  You'd be amazed at what these/those guys can do.  At least, I was.

Let me put it this way....  knowing what I know about what I know.....  if I wanted a pair of these and I had the funds to drop on them, game is over.  Everything else is just a minor detail and challenge to iron out, as opposed to being a deal breaker.

Piano mover says no go?  Call another.  Call some Navy Seals that are recently retired....Keep in mind, the speaker should be in two halves.  With a furniture dolly, I moved mine out of house to Florida when I worked down there, moved them back, moved them from upstairs to basement.  (only one flight of stairs)

If your logistics require them to be physically carried verses a furniture dolly, then it does become more of a challenge but nothing that can't be overcome with some thought, maybe some cash and some determination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good thoughts. My wife has a Steinway piano and I did have it moved into the new house via piano movers... however it was a straight level move into its final location with great clearance in the pathway.

This is why I'm hesitant - the audio room is 8 steps to a landing (81" x 45"), 180 degree turn, and 9 steps to a doorway. The steps are one obstacle - maneuvering space is the other. The stairway is rather wide (42") so probably manageable, but the doorway at the top is 31" wide, door removed. The dimensions I found on the Jubes (30.25" wide) suggest this would be a tight squeeze (twisting notwithstanding).  Only two people can carry the LF section up the stairs, and at 330 lbs means 165 lbs each if manhandled. Perhaps a special dolly could be rigged up to hold the LF on edge to fit through the door, if the LF left or right edge is suitable to support its weight. Is that how you moved your Jubes (Coytee)? Hey I'm in Bristol perhaps you can help (haha).

It would be a rather embarrassing (and a major disappointment) if it were impossible to move these into the room...

I by no means am intimidated by a challenge - in the past 4 months I moved Khorns 220 miles into my home by myself .... and engineered the placement of a one ton milling machine directly from a pallet on the freight delivery truck, into a customed designed and built (by me) wheeled cart, then moved into my workshop all with one helper. It just would be nice to have someone else do it this time.

Ok next steps seem clear, start making some calls to the dealers and movers and see what is feasible. Oh and the most important step, break the news to the boss I'm investigating this option...

• Like 1

As big as they were, the original Jubilees (aka underground Jubilees) could be maneuvered around in small hallways, staircases, and doorways.

It only took a couple of strong backs and a good deal of swearing. Given the performance to price ratio I still think they were an incredible deal.

Maybe I'm just an old guy reminiscing about the old days ......

-Tom

4 hours ago, Quad Khorns said:

Only two people can carry the LF section up the stairs, and at 330 lbs means 165 lbs each if manhandled. 

1 person alone can bring  a 400 lbs copier  up stairs . with a manual or  electric  stairclimber  , 330 lbs should be a breeze   

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

1 person alone can bring  a 400 lbs copier  up stairs . with a manual or  electric  stairclimber  , 330 lbs should be a breeze 

The problem is that the Jubilee bass bin is not a rectangle.  The stairs would have to be over 50 inches wide to be able to place the back or front of the bass bin against the stair climber.  A stair climbing hand truck worked well for getting my P-39F into my basement.  However, it would not have worked if I tried that with my Jubilee LF since it can't be loaded on the truck sideways.  Luckily, I kept my Jubilee on the first floor.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MMurg said:

The stairs would have to be over 50 inches wide to be able to place the back or front of the bass bin against the stair climber.

Yes, I am concerned the left or right edge could not support the weight (or even be stable) on a dolly of some sort, in order for the 30.25" depth (back to front) to clear the 42" wide stairs and 31" doorway. If those edges can support the weight, it can be made stable on a dolly even if a holding jig has to be made.

However, making a 180 degree turn on that 81" x 45" landing on a dolly would be a good trick. It would need to be removed, moved/slid into position on the second stairs, then re-loaded on the dolly while it's leaning the wrong way and sitting partially on the second stairs - the landing is only 45" wide while the Jubes are 50.25" wide, so it would need to be partially on the first step of the second stairs to make the turn. Manhandling for the second stair trip is the only way I can see will work.

Also, anyone that has dealt with freight companies knows these guys will not deliver to your door or into your house. So if they are only shipped via freight, it will be up to the buyer to receive them from the freight company and transport home. Another reason to work with a dealer that will deliver and setup.

That stairclimbing dolly is neat, I will remember that for any future use.

I do massively analyze these things and will have a realistic plan before telling them to please take my money. Especially one that will cost me $35K. I will make the phone calls to determine if a path exists. 

• Like 2