Blue Collar Anthems

thebes

Sorry this thread is is only open to those who work with their hands, their backs and, oh those aching, aching feet.

Desk jockeys need not apply.

One of the good things, but at the same time, one of the bad things, is just how many musicians have had to do manual labor to put food on the table, shoes for the kids and a shawl for the missus. One of the positive side effects of the precarious nature of playing in a band, is a lot of good songs telling us about the workingman's life.

So tell me which song helps you celebrate the end of the work week?

Check this one out. You know he knew all about  drudgery, but still had time to have...

• Like 1

Worked a few summers as a grunt roustabout (worm) while I was in college and as a field geologist for a few years out of college. Lots of respect and it’s fun when you’re young but better to be the geologist but then again, it’s best to stay out of the oil patch altogether.  I still have all of my fingers.  Watch the guy “throwing chain” in second video.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, thebes said:

……

One of the good things, but at the same time, one of the bad things, is just how many musicians have had to do manual labor to put food on the table, shoes for the kids and a shawl for the missus. One of the positive side effects of the precarious nature of playing in a band, is a lot of good songs telling us about the workingman's life…..

On the other hand…..