Driving Heresy IV

geezin'

Just got finished watching a utoob review. Guy owned them for awhile and says it's what you push them with that brings out what they are. I am considering a pair of Heresy IV (new-10 year warranty-can use right away,ect.) and cannot afford them as well as a new amplifier (although I will eventually have a Schiit Vidar but first things first) sooooo........how much truth is there to that? I have my Fisher 440T and Topping PA3s to choose from. Do any of you guys believe either is a good match for the H4s? I'm leaning towards using the PA3s 'cause it's quiet. I do not seek audio nirvana just a pair of speakers that I will see a large improvement over what I have. That would be Klipsch R-610f and even the 25 dollar Polk Monitor 5b I picked up recently.

I think synergy is really important... HOWEVER, just about/nearly anything will deliver a measure of satisfaction and performance.

that's why we have the statement 'Diminishing returns'... so there is no right or wrong answer.

One thing to remember is that, klipsch Heritage speakers are VERY revealing so they will let you know if what you have in as far as amplification is a good match, or not.

You wont know until you try in your own listening space.

13 hours ago, geezin' said:

Just got finished watching a utoob review. Guy owned them for awhile and says it's what you push them with that brings out what they are. I am considering a pair of Heresy IV (new-10 year warranty-can use right away,ect.)

klipsch has a helluva deal on the RP-8000F  piano black  , but you gotta hurry up before they are all gone-

https://www.acousticsounddesign.com/5982-klipsch-rp-8000f-pb-piano-black-floorstanding-speaker-each

21 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

OP is asking about H4 and this is your go to? Be careful people, this one probably hasn’t heard either one. He’s been known to fib….

That is a strange answer. Get rid of a great speaker and replace it with a lesser one and still have to decide on the amp. OP I would not worry about buying more and would just use what you have. Those PA3's will do just fine pushing those H4's. If you decide need another amp I have migrated to Crown XLI800's and they sound great and are dead quiet. I push some big gear with these at times and often have smaller boxes hooked up to make sure they are right before I sell them off. $275 each.

• Like 1