heritage unavailable

jdm56

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a unit made by Proteus. I have a Roland PK-5 MIDI pedal that drives it andf I use that when I play my base. It goes so low (don't know the exact frequency) that 18" sub woofers move back and fourth VERY slowly and it makes a VERY low sound....

Its a unit made by Proteus. I have a Roland PK-5 MIDI pedal that drives it and I use that when I play my bass to get some synthesizer action going! It goes so low (don't know the exact frequency) that 18" sub woofers move back and fourth VERY slowly and it makes a VERY low sound.... Its not practical for playing music (too low) but I know it has to be near the bottom most audible frequencies...

I have the La Scala, Belle and Heresy II. I love them and have had them for 10 years. I am now in the process of having new crossovers put in them, but not by Klipsch. I found one of those anal high-end supper geeks who is custom designing them for me. I went in to hear what the La Scala sounded like now that they were finished and WOW what a difference. As you all know the tweeter or all the highs of a horn is bright. I had him pad them to bring down and get rid of a lot of the hiss. I use my Belle for my main speakers, and the La Scala for center and the Heresys for rear. What a sound. I am also getting some outdoor stepping-stones, the heavy the better and make speaker weight with them. This way I can get rid of some of the vibrations that the wood case puts out. I love my speakers and hope you find some of your own go to ebay and look on the net. You can get them cheaper if you are patient. GOOD LUCK!!

------------------

..:~'*sIR nAGROM*'~:..

I tried to be quite clear in my post above but I will try again.

Klipsch Heritage speakers (with the exception of the Heresy II) are not currently available. We are working on a new group of drivers. This process continues to move forward at a rather slow pace, but it is as quick as possible given the complexity and our demand that the outcome be to our standards and yours.

Because no dealers will stock Heritage models, they are built to order. The normal order time is 3-4 weeks plus any time to ship, time for the dealer to place the order etc. Thus, it usually takes about 2 months to get Heritage speakers. Now, all bets are off while we redesign the driver compliment. When we resume production, we will resume taking orders. We have stopped taking orders during this time. The new drivers will cost us more so a price increase is coming. In addition, the pricing of Heritage models has been completely out of line with cost for quite some time.

In addition, we are working on a new method to bring these special speakers to market. One which would make it more likely to find demo product to audition and to keep the price increase as low as possible.

Finally, if you value bass below 60 Hz, La Scalas are not going to cut it. A find sub like a REL, will not keep up with La Scalas. You will need to look for MUCH more dynamic/higher output subs to do the job. No insult to the REL brand, but that is not what they are designed to do.

BobG (our fearless leader),

If indeed the Heritage speakers are MADE TO ORDER, why not include the Cornwall in the line up!? You have the parts (or after reading this post you soon should).

The squawker compression driver, the tweeter, and woofer used in the K-horns, LaScalas, and Belles should do nicely (just like was done in the Cornwall I's with the K77, K55-V, and K33-B). Then it's just a matter of a few crossover parts and a pair of plywood cabinets which should be easy to build, especially compared the K-horns.

What do you (and other Klipsch fans) think?

Klipschguy

Thanks, Bob, for your latest posts on this topic. I consider that to be the "gospel according to klipsch" as far as heritage speaker changes, pricing and availabilty. My anxiety is relieved. I just wish I'd gotten a new belle before all this transpired. Oh well, "He who hesitates is hosed." ...or something like that.

------------------

JDMcCall

Bob G,

If you dont mind me asking, i still do not see the jubilee in the Klipsch lineup!!

And if Klipsch makes the cornwall again, that would be a great idea, maybe get rid of something, like the la scala, keep them industrial!That is what there for, you said yourself there not made for low end!!

But either way, im happy with my cornwalls, and if Klipsch doesnt make them anymore, that would be alright, itll make mine worth more down the road!!

Regards Jim

Jim,

If you do a board search for Jubilee you will find quite a bit of chatter. The "replacement" for the Klipschorn (or additional, new, "higher end" Klipschorn, don't think we know which they have in mind) is still being developed. Paul hisself is working with the engineers on this. Paul is not one to be rushed. Tour group that was at Klipsch a few weeks back got some hoopie scoopie on the project and posted some comments.

The Jubilee that you see under the pro audio product lineup is NOT the same beastie that this new KHorn will be, but rumor has it that they share some basic ideas, priniciple amoung them the fact that they're two way systems. Only rumor, though...

Ray

BobG....

Post 1660 was the kind of post that should have originally been posted. It was clear, concise and answered ALL the questions in my previous posts. I have 2 follow up questions...

1) You basically said the price was "out-of-whack". Does this mean the price will go up or down?

2) If the REL doesn't cut it for the LaScallas as a sub (in your opinion), what brand would you recommend??? Again, I am making a home stereo - not a theater.

wired, take a look at the Velodyne HGS-18 wink.gif

or there's always those new rsw subs due out in may, or jun, or... biggrin.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF-30 (front), KLF-C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster S-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

2nd room:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage '75)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Wired1,

I don't think there's anything wrong with REL subs, just that one won't have enough output to match a pair of La Scalas; maybe 2 or 4 would.

The Home Jubilee will be a 2-way system where the Pro Jubilee is a 3-way system, probably for power handling. The home version will use the pro tweeter (on a different horn) over a wider bandwidth. The bass horn will be very similar to the pro version, but with a modification that appears intended to increase deep bass response. They are massive and quite handsome in mahogany. Powerful just begins to describe the sound. My ears will never be the same after hearing "The Matrix".

Thank you for the info Ray.

I would hate to see any of the heritage go, but there having trouble with parts for them now!

Letting the heritage go, would be like letting Klipschs originality go!

I hope they can figure something out!

And i agree with the Klipschguy, i hope they will make something like the cornwall again!

Regards Jim

I'm amazed that the LLC is still even MAKING the Klipschorn. It's big, hard to ship, hard to make, has specific placement requirements and has a significantly

limited customer base. Since production will not end (I assume) it will be priced to reflect this.

As BoB G mentioned it will have a price increase. I am not surprized given the constraints I listed. I hate to say it but at $6K/pr. it really was a bargain.

John,

I dont know about 2 or 4 of them... Why would you say 2 or 4 of them?!?!? Are you unfamiliar with REL?? That is WAY overkill for ANY system! Even the K-Horns could use a 15" sub but which brand? The REL is supposed to be a great sub but I am new to subs and am not sure which to get. I will probably spend about $2K (hopefully less) and want a QUALITY sub. The Klipsch sub's havent gotten good reviews so they may be out. AGain, this whole system is brand new and I wand LOUD & CLEAR! Tell me what you think (remember it is a stereo not a theater):

Krell KAV-250p

Krell KAV-250a

Sony DVP-S7700

Monster HTS5000

LaScallas (hopefully soon frown.gif )

Sub?

Commercially available "ready-to-wear" subs to mate with klipsch horn-loaded woofers...hm, could be very difficult to come by. But, if you've got the bucks, Legacy makes a big, bad, dual 15" driver job that just might keep up - to a point! Also, I think the big VMPS subs would do a good job. Oh, and Gold Sound used to offer a kit subwoofer using an 18" JBL driver in a BIG enclosure. Seems the rated sensitivity was mid to upper 90's.

------------------

JDMcCall

Based on my experience with my La Scalas (@ 104 dB/watt/meter), one subwoofer from anybody a small as a K-horn, or smaller will not be capable of the output required to keep pace with K-horns/Belles/La Scalas. I could not find a maximum output on REL's website, so I can't be too sure how many Studio IIs (the biggest ones) it would take to hit 124 dB at 20 Hz, but it'll take more than one since it's power amp only puts out 300 watts. Unless, of course, the system efficiency is an astounding 100 dB/W/M.

At 450 WPC, sitting in corners, and 93 dB/W/M, two VMPS Larger Subwoofers can barely do it.

John

John,

I agree completely that the REL Storm I'm using with my La Scalas will not come close to producing 124dB at ANY frequency, let alone 20Hz. If someone is looking for a sub that will do that, then this is not the sub for them.

I don't listen to the system at peak levels exceeding 112dB except on very rare occations, typically 10dB or more below that, and at those lower levels the Storm is more than adequate at providing the amount and quality of bass reinforcement I'm looking for.