Can I switch dome tweeters?

Idontknow

Guys,

I’ve fallen in love with the sweetness and smoothness of the phenolic tweeters on my Forte 1’s. Can I replace the titanium tweeters on my Heresy 2’s and get the same effect? Does this require any changes with the crossovers as well? Can I just switch the diaphragms? 

Thanks,

—-daniel 

6 minutes ago, Idontknow said:

Guys,

I’ve fallen in love with the sweetness and smoothness of the phenolic tweeters on my Forte 1’s. Can I replace the titanium tweeters on my Heresy 2’s and get the same effect? Does this require any changes with the crossovers as well? Can I just switch the diaphragms? 

Thanks,

—-daniel 

Are your HII tweeters titanium? Originally they were phenolic, then poly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Idontknow said:

Guys,

Thanks,

—-daniel 

reach out to klipsch Parts  , since you can replace the diaphragms  outright ..  link   ▶️  https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fill the form / contact info /  CS  will email you the response

You can swap the drivers on the horns if resistance is same and same efficiency, db, rating. Since Klipsch does not give the rating of the high driver you will just have to go by your ears. This is entertainment and not dialysis as Nelson Pass says so if you like the sound after trying who cares what it would look like on paper. I say go for it. Not that costly so give it a go and let us know what you think and the driver you used. 

I have Forte1s and have tried several tweeter options including original forte1 s diaphragms, the titanium diaphragms from Crites and @Dave AMahl super tweeters. Also installed @Dave Asmahl super tweeters on the super Heresys I refurbished. My experience was that @Dave As super tweeters were my favorites over stock and over the titanium tweets from Crites.  @Dave Asuper tweeters are also beautiful to look at.

I decided to just take my chance and simply replace the K76 titanium with a phenolic designed for K76 and see how the result is. If it sounds bad, I’m able to return the for a full refund. Should be installed sometime around next week. Thanks again guys for sharing all your thoughts.

Happy listening, —-daniel 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys I tested the phenolic tweeters in my Heresy II. The negative and positive connectors were located on the sides which was strange and they were more difficult to install. Overall the top end sounded way strange and reminded me of a cheap sounding speaker with muffled detail. It definitely had nothing to do with break in, so I’m definitely sticking with the original tweeters. Thanks again guys and at least I know they won’t work.

20 minutes ago, Idontknow said:

Okay guys I tested the phenolic tweeters in my Heresy II. The negative and positive connectors were located on the sides which was strange and they were more difficult to install. Overall the top end sounded way strange and reminded me of a cheap sounding speaker with muffled detail. It definitely had nothing to do with break in, so I’m definitely sticking with the original tweeters. Thanks again guys and at least I know they won’t work.

Yes and guess you hooked the positive and negative hooked correctly? Otherwise, out of phase.

That's right though, you are an old hand at this...