[SOLD] FS: Dave A SMAHL Lense / DE-120 Tweeter Combo (Like New)

jcn3

For sale is my Dave A SMAHL Lense / DE-120 tweeter combo (a pair).  Only had a five months and were used during that time in my Heresy 1s.  In like new condition.  Impeccably constructed and sound great.

After learning about what is possible with Klipsch Heritage speakers, I'm planning on upgrading to some Cornwalls.

Price is $220 including shipping and Paypal.  If you're in the greater Boston area, we can figure out a direct hand-off!

Note:  I'm jcn3 on Head-Fi and Audiogon if you'd like to check out my feedback.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• jcn3 changed the title to [PENDING] FS: Dave A SMAHL Lense / DE-120 Tweeter Combo (Like New)
5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Just curious, are these akin to replacing the tweeter diaphragms with titanium on models like the forte, Chorus, etc?

Yes and no. Rather than replacing just the diaphragm you are replacing the entire assembly with what many of us consider to be a superior design. There is a version called the LMAHL for the Chorus (and others) as well.

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Just curious, are these akin to replacing the tweeter diaphragms with titanium on models like the forte, Chorus, etc?

Completely different the B&C de120 drivers are 1.4" with a 1" exit, top quality, much better than the mid driver in the speakers you mention so a pretty significant upgrade IMO only problem is the sensitivity is up there with the k-77 so 3db hot in the Chorus, 5db hot in the forte. 

• jcn3 changed the title to [SOLD] FS: Dave A SMAHL Lense / DE-120 Tweeter Combo (Like New)