New to the forum new to Klipsch scored my first set and am absolutely amazed

Jarred555

Hi this is my first  first post here , I recently bought a home and it was time to upgrade my speakers from apartment sized stuff , been somewhat  a audiophile my whole life , after about a month of searching I picked up a set of 1973 vertical Cornwalls  from the original owner they were delivered to in 1974 and used in his recording studio  , these have  an absolute game changer and I'm in awe at how good my system now  sounds with a good set of vintage Klipsch  speakers  figured Id make an account and share my experience I'm now a huge fan ,

00G0G_6IOD7P5JjBOz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00h0h_7XvemWBieqnz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

IMG_20220606_174407075.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not bad for your first Klipsch!

Couple things I'd recommend:

Take the backs off the cabinets and loosen then tighten each screw in the crossover network.  This will remove years of oxidation and give a better signal to each driver.

The gaskets for the midrange drivers have probably hardened and dried up.  You can buy new ones from critesspeakers.com

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

i see no reason to lay them on their sides. they were designed to lay on their sides if you didn't want to block windows in the house. just stand them up like regular cornwalls and i always put the tweeters to the outside

3 hours ago, Budman said:

i see no reason to lay them on their sides. they were designed to lay on their sides if you didn't want to block windows in the house. just stand them up like regular cornwalls and i always put the tweeters to the outside

I've set them end up horns to the outside  then on their side and the difference is night and day they sound alot better in my space on their sides due to the vertical horns  , but they definitely look better standing up 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jarred555 said:

I've set them end up horns to the outside  then on their side and the difference is night and day they sound alot better in my space on their sides due to the vertical horns  , but they definitely look better standing up 

for sure... the distribution coverage is better on the sides.

Carry on.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend some throw rugs, tapestries on the wall, overstuffed furniture, etc. Your room appears to be somewhat "lively".

Another observation is that situating the speakers thusly, you have the midrange and tweeter well below seated ear level. Unless you are sitting on the floor. This is not optimal, as you may well already know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Why not just enjoy them as is for a few months before making any changes. Practical thing to do IMHO. 

Look really nice. I would be proud to have them. 

Exactly the plan ,too busy enjoying them , not messing with them for a while if ever, 

• Like 4

Saw a picture on the forum awhile back of Klipsch pro bass and CWVerticals laying horizontal up on a stage maybe 2 foot high.

As for the caps, likely are  going to want to replace them at some point if original.

Enjoy...I would!

• Like 1

Welcome with the Klipsch Heads.

I really like these Decorators Cornwalls, you don´t see these every day, great find! Having them positioned horizontaly like that is really something else.

Alas, i wouldn´t have the space, and i´ve never seen those Cornwalls come up for sale here in Germany... 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, Jarred555 said:

I think part of the reason you think they sound better is because you are more off axis with the horns this way. If you deaden your room a little bit you will like them standing upright more.