Cheap Forum Amp by Captainbeefheart

MEH Synergy

While I haven’t posted a lot through the years, the Klipsch Forum is one of my favorite audio forums, which I have used to learn much regarding Klipsch speakers and vintage tube amplifiers.  Through the years, I have bought several items from members - always with an extremely positive outcome.  It is very disappointing to see respected forum members be cheated as they have in this situation.  I’m a big believer in Karma - in the end CBH will surely “pay a price” for the actions he has taken.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Fido said:

I am sorry to see that you and WestCoast never received your Amps and that no matter what excuses CBH gave you guys it doesn't make any sense that he could not have sent you images of the builds in progress. It is sad that in todays world integrity of so many people has ceased to exist. Cant the moderators here ban members like CBH?

I delayed a ban at request of SD to get a resolution. Understandably, he was hoping that a resolution might unfold based on some interactions and some incentives.

Sadly, just not meant to be.

On WCD, I think that was just bad Karma catching up to him, and I don’t want that bleeding over onto SD.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, cjmustang69 said:

While I haven’t posted a lot through the years, the Klipsch Forum is one of my favorite audio forums, which I have used to learn much regarding Klipsch speakers and vintage tube amplifiers.  Through the years, I have bought several items from members - always with an extremely positive outcome.  It is very disappointing to see respected forum members be cheated as they have in this situation.  I’m a big believer in Karma - in the end CBH will surely “pay a price” for the actions he has taken.

Keep in mind this was a private transaction between them, not a garage sale one. Also, CBH was a member for about 4 months when these deals went down.

I’m not saying that SD didn’t take the right precautions, what I am saying is that I appreciate his sharing the experience so others might avoid this.

If it’s too good to be true it probably is.

Knowledge doesn’t equal integrity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travis In Austin said:

Keep in mind this was a private transaction between them, not a garage sale one. Also, CBH was a member for about 4 months when these deals went down.

I’m not saying that SD didn’t take the right precautions, what I am saying is that I appreciate his sharing the experience so others might avoid this.

I understand the circumstances of this situation clearly.  I have been following this thread - as well as several others by CBH over the past year.  

Hmmmm, I had a less than positive experience with CBH over some tubes. Only the 2nd bad transaction I've ever had on the forum. This was a long time ago shortly after he showed up and before (I think) all the talk about building amps for forum members.

In then end it was not catastrophic but lots of the same sort of stuff I am reading here about excuse after excuse after excuse.... 

Given the new direction the form was heading (Extreme moderation, Randy 😁, general bad vibes and thousands of youtube posts)I felt it best to bite my tongue (er, keyboard) and not have a public dust up. I kind of regret that now because I've had great transactions with WestCoastWhatEverHisNameIsThisWeek and very pleasant back and froths with Shakey. Had I felt more comfortable speaking up maybe they would have had second thoughts. Water under the bridge and Hindsight at this time I suppose.😐

• Like 3

I feel for you Shakey, it’s a huge leap of faith to have a custom amp.   Guys like CaptainBeefHeart give legitimate amp builders a bad image.    He was so cocky to crap on everyone else’s amps , he brags about what he’s capable of ….  Then doesn’t deliver the goods.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

It’s tough trusting anyone on any social media site. Better chance when dealing with a legit company like I did when ordering my Forte IVs from Paducah. The deal they gave me was fantastic and shipped next day. Far less then retail and arrived perfect but they area legit business. My guess is that Decware and Dennis Had would never Jack people around like CBH did with so many here.

53 minutes ago, avguytx said:

@Travis In Austin   FYI....  The captain is over at Audiokarma posting now under the name "capbeefheart" in the tube audio section as of last night.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kt77-worth-it.1020578/

Thanks for the alert. I just sent him a PM.

"Are you going to stand up and do the right thing? Or do we need to have a conversation in this forum about our circumstances?

Your friend..."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve. said:

What a SCUMBAG !!!!!    AND A  FRAUD 

I was suspicious early on when he ragged on the Carver tube amp circuit design claiming he could do better in his spare time if only he could be bothered to provide the world with such a masterpiece.. I was thinking really? well why haven't you then? I was watching the thread with interest waiting to read reviews especially from WCD and Shakey since they both owned the Carver 275 at one point. 

He was crapping on Matt from Toolshed saying his amps were copies of 80 year old designs.  

Well that’s how old the 300b is but many modern amps use DC  regulators for the filaments and other modern schemes for volume control.  They are a mix of classic topology and modern  technology. 

That guy has spent so much time writing multiple paragraphs of how great he is…. He should have focused on his promise , he could have built 5 amps in the time it took to author his narcissistic diatribe. 

Every tube amp’s DNA goes back far so to say anything from anyone is a copy is silly

So much for Captains “original” designs.   The whole time he was full of crap !!!   You can be sure if I see him on any forums I will be quick to call him out as a thief.   What a loser  

To Shakey:

I would file a police report in his town for interstate commerce fraud via Pay Pal  

I know Pay Pal won’t help , but to electronically receive money for fraud over state lines is a felony,  see if you have any recourse  I hope you do. 

Good Luck.  

• Like 1

I have no dog in this fight but why don’t one you that are affected call him out on AK? Many moons ago when AGon was the thing I was screwed, (the only time ever) by a “well known” amp builder. I trashed him via PM and on the site itself only to be censored by AGon. M’fucker still owes me 5 hun. He particularly was uneasy when I threatened to pay his home a visit while on business trips. I still have the f’kers address  - 

32 minutes ago, Steve. said:

He was crapping on Matt from Toolshed saying his amps were copies of 80 year old designs.  

Well that’s how old the 300b is but many modern amps use DC  regulators for the filaments and other modern schemes for volume control.  They are a mix of classic topology and modern  technology. 

That guy has spent so much time writing multiple paragraphs of how great he is…. He should have focused on his promise , he could have built 5 amps in the time it took to author his narcissistic diatribe. 

Every tube amp’s DNA goes back far so to say anything from anyone is a copy is silly

So much for Captains “original” designs.   The whole time he was full of crap !!!   You can be sure if I see him on any forums I will be quick to call him out as a thief.   What a loser  

To Shakey:

I would file a police report in his town for interstate commerce fraud via Pay Pal  

I know Pay Pal won’t help , but to electronically receive money for fraud over state lines is a felony,  see if you have any recourse  I hope you do. 

Good Luck.  

Those Toolshed amps are beautiful and I’m sure they sound amazing. I used to shoot a lot of Sports Illustrated style photography for Bikini companies and many photographers posted on photo forums that they could create much better pictures if they had my 300 mm lens. All I could think was if they were so talented and I was CRAP that they should pay the $5,000 on the same lens I was using and show us all how great they really were.

• Like 2

I trust Matt from Toolshed 100% to deliver on his promise of delivering whatever you commission him to build.   

I love that amp so much that when he and I were discussing his new DHT preamp project I sold off my Zesto Leto to fund it and threw a backup pre in the system for a few months. 

So yes, when a guy like Captain Beefheart  craps on a guy like Matt it’s time to call him out like the POS liar and thief  that he is.  And if I see him pop up anywhere the first thing I’ll do is send Shakey a PM

What a P.O.S. !!!

• Like 1