Cheap Forum Amp by Captainbeefheart

MEH Synergy

3 minutes ago, Quad Khorns said:

HaHa at least you admit it!

I was the personal photographer for Hefs last wife for almost 10 years. I have shot with many top playmates and adult film stars over the years. So yes I have sexier images but they are not appropriate for this forum.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fido said:

I was the personal photographer for Hefs last wife for almost 10 years. I have shot with many top playmates and adult film stars over the years. So yes I have sexier images but they are not appropriate for this forum.

That's impressive I'm sure you have many stories you can tell about your experiences with that endeavor. Which I am sure would be much more interesting that the alluded to pictures.

And to be clear it was only in jest about posting those alluded to pictures here - it was all about getting you to admit you have them.

Afterall, anyone with a computer and internet connection can find virtually anything they want to see without browsing an audio forum for them...

I feel and and frustrated this started on some level with CBH comparing ampsandsound amps most prices as a leverage tool for his own sales. 

To the 2 members affected. Give a call, happy to sell you an amp at my cost if it helps.  We built/stock SET amps perfect for Klipsch/horn loaded speakers... no PayPal friendsandfamily involved. 

• Like 4

Its frustrating when people throw out numbers for parts... and yet have yet to produce an amp... Stuff gets expensive... Someone playing builder but to running a reliable business... overhead exist to make things reliable when they might otherwise not be.  

BTW your closing quote is awesome. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justinsweber said:

I feel and and frustrated this started on some level with CBH comparing ampsandsound amps most prices as a leverage tool for his own sales. 

To the 2 members affected. Give a call, happy to sell you an amp at my cost if it helps.  We built/stock SET amps perfect for Klipsch/horn loaded speakers... no PayPal friendsandfamily involved. 

That is a very generous offer!

I am not directly affected but having read some very eloquent technical threads where CBM had contributed with obvious expertise I am more than shocked at his behaviour. Until then I thought that someone with such a wealth of knowledge and so involved in this forum couldn't be a bad person. I also had a couple of PMs with CBH where he had helped me with electronics questions.
To put it generally, my guess is, but you can correct me, that in the US the offence of fraud results in a very high level of contempt. Of course, fraud is a major and sordid offence anywhere in the world. But when I, as a foreigner, look at your US American history, then a horse cheat, for example, must have been one of the worst types at the time of the Wild West...he accepted the possibility of the bruised horse buyers dying of thirst while riding through the desert.
Another example, in the US, manufacturers of goods are trusted first (at least to some degree as far as I've heard). But if something turns out to be a malicious fraud then the reputation of such a company is ruined for a long time if not forever. Take the example of the VW diesel scandal. As a German, I was ashamed of it. In Germany, more tests have to be passed before a car is allowed on the market, for example. With you, it is all the more dramatic when a fraud is discovered later. It was probably similar with the Boeing 737 MAX. I don't want to judge which system is better, that of the greater prior control or that of the later better monitoring like yours.

What I want to say is that I have the impression that the quality of trust has a very high value in your society. Therefore, CBH's behaviour is incomprehensible to me, or perhaps even a little pathological. Social exchange (in forums), recognition, need for recognition and, as Travis said, combined with too full-bodied promises that in the end lead to total overload, unfair withdrawal and immersion. 
The bad thing is when CBH continues obsessively under almost identical names without a break elsewhere in forums as if nothing bad had happened in the Klipsch forum. I see this as a disgusting provocation or even as partially very neurotic.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, KT88 said:

I am not directly affected but having read some very eloquent technical threads where CBM had contributed with obvious expertise I am more than shocked at his behaviour. Until then I thought that someone with such a wealth of knowledge and so involved in this forum couldn't be a bad person. I also had a couple of PMs with CBH where he had helped me with electronics questions.
To put it generally, my guess is, but you can correct me, that in the US the offence of fraud results in a very high level of contempt. Of course, fraud is a major and sordid offence anywhere in the world. But when I, as a foreigner, look at your US American history, then a horse cheat, for example, must have been one of the worst types at the time of the Wild West...he accepted the possibility of the bruised horse buyers dying of thirst while riding through the desert.
Another example, in the US, manufacturers of goods are trusted first (at least to some degree as far as I've heard). But if something turns out to be a malicious fraud then the reputation of such a company is ruined for a long time if not forever. Take the example of the VW diesel scandal. As a German, I was ashamed of it. In Germany, more tests have to be passed before a car is allowed on the market, for example. With you, it is all the more dramatic when a fraud is discovered later. It was probably similar with the Boeing 737 MAX. I don't want to judge which system is better, that of the greater prior control or that of the later better monitoring like yours.

What I want to say is that I have the impression that the quality of trust has a very high value in your society. Therefore, CBH's behaviour is incomprehensible to me, or perhaps even a little pathological. Social exchange (in forums), recognition, need for recognition and, as Travis said, combined with too full-bodied promises that in the end lead to total overload, unfair withdrawal and immersion. 
The bad thing is when CBH continues obsessively under almost identical names without a break elsewhere in forums as if nothing bad had happened in the Klipsch forum. I see this as a disgusting provocation or even as partially very neurotic.

KT88 always love your posts. It doesn’t matter what you call it, or where it happens.

A private individual in Germany posts on the Porsche forum a certain way to rebuild a 935 motor ( I used to own several) and he talks about many different improvements and he does this in his garage at home, but he really knows his stuff and he talks about his next project that he is going to do build a motor that will yield 850 hp (635 Kw) at 1.5 bar with parts 1/3 the cost a regular motor. So I PM and ask, hey, can I have you build one for me. Sure he says, I need X for parts. I send him X for parts and I will build it. It’s still half of what would cost from the name builders that have the full shops, etc.

Months go by, no motor, he stops responding, I find him on another Porsche forum, start talking again, it will be ready September, no motor, November, it’s ready to ship, no motor, January no motor. There is a post on a Porsche Parts trading site and someone posts that he sent the same guy money for a motor, no motor.

What do they call that in Germany?

6 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

KT88 always love your posts. It doesn’t matter what you call it, or where it happens.

A private individual in Germany posts on the Porsche forum a certain way to rebuild a 935 motor ( I used to own several) and he talks about many different improvements and he does this in his garage at home, but he really knows his stuff and he talks about his next project that he is going to do build a motor that will yield 850 hp (635 Kw) at 1.5 bar with parts 1/3 the cost a regular motor. So I PM and ask, hey, can I have you build one for me. Sure he says, I need X for parts. I send him X for parts and I will build it. It’s still half of what would cost from the name builders that have the full shops, etc.

Months go by, no motor, he stops responding, I find him on another Porsche forum, start talking again, it will be ready September, no motor, November, it’s ready to ship, no motor, January no motor. There is a post on a Porsche Parts trading site and someone posts that he sent the same guy money for a motor, no motor.

What do they call that in Germany?

Oh, the 935 was the racing version without torpedo front fender? A very rare car. Yeah, what do they call that in Germany....
I would say he is a „widerliches Schwein, ein Betrüger und ein großes Arschloch, and he should be glad you are far away. I hope if the engine doesn't come to you that you will at least get your money back. Yes such negative people with a lot of criminal energy exist all over the world. And yet...where does the world go when you no longer trust anyone? There would be hardly any business and communication possible. Unfortunately, it catches you at some point.

I have also paid my dues. In 2011 I wanted to buy physical gold and I was naive as otherwise rarely. The company had been advertising in the major newspapers for years and was very well known. Unfortunately, I was one of the first customers to fall victim to this scammer's pyramid scheme. I only had to google once before buying and I would have read the new warnings. Ok, the amount of money in your Porsche engine for the parts or in the gold bar have been in other dimensions than at CBH but it is unfortunately the same bad morals.

By the way, a reputable company, although not quite cheap is this one: At our place in the Eifel directly at the Nürburgring (green hell race track), only 45 miles from Cologne. They also do vintage engines or are you talking the 2018 335?

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/home

• Moderators
22 hours ago, KT88 said:

Oh, the 935 was the racing version without torpedo front fender? A very rare car. Yeah, what do they call that in Germany....
I would say he is a „widerliches Schwein, ein Betrüger und ein großes Arschloch, and he should be glad you are far away. I hope if the engine doesn't come to you that you will at least get your money back. Yes such negative people with a lot of criminal energy exist all over the world. And yet...where does the world go when you no longer trust anyone? There would be hardly any business and communication possible. Unfortunately, it catches you at some point.

I have also paid my dues. In 2011 I wanted to buy physical gold and I was naive as otherwise rarely. The company had been advertising in the major newspapers for years and was very well known. Unfortunately, I was one of the first customers to fall victim to this scammer's pyramid scheme. I only had to google once before buying and I would have read the new warnings. Ok, the amount of money in your Porsche engine for the parts or in the gold bar have been in other dimensions than at CBH but it is unfortunately the same bad morals.

By the way, a reputable company, although not quite cheap is this one: At our place in the Eifel directly at the Nürburgring (green hell race track), only 45 miles from Cologne. They also do vintage engines or are you talking the 2018 335?

https://www.manthey-racing.de/en/home

It was a hypothetical scenario. I was into Porsches and racing motors from the late 80s until about 1995. 

The car was a converted street legal 930 chassis with DP like parts to make for slant nose (made from carbon fiber) by an outfit in Costa Mesa, CA. The last motor in it was a factory racing motor (935/84) I purchased as parts and had assembled by FabCar in Tucker, Georgia with a 935 gearbox (solid magnesuem with titanium rear spindles. It's was a 3.2L Boxer 6, variable boost bi-turbo with Kremer air to air intercooler. Almost everything in that motor was titanium, like the connecting rods. The 935 factory crankshaft was six bolts, and on, and on and on. There was a handful of people that were doing that kind of engine work back then, Kremer and Joest in Germany, FabCar in the US, and a couple of others here and there. So it was pretty easy to know who was who. 

I think we have all been a victim of something like this at one point or another. 

Unfortunately the white vans of old (are you familar with that story here in the US?) has just taken a different shape.

Travis

On 1/30/2023 at 12:40 PM, justinsweber said:

Solid offer !!