Cheap Forum Amp by Captainbeefheart

MEH Synergy

On 2/6/2023 at 11:09 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

So would a Corvette C8 for $5,000 but it will never happen.

@claudeJi - I'd like to see you in a new C8 hybrid - withe the normal 500 HP gas powered in the back with the 160 hp motor in the front - zero to 60 in under 2.5 seconds! All wrapped in a C8 Z06 body - imagine all the chicks you could  pick up in the Motor City!!!! Go get em stud! and $5,000 would be a great deal for that ride.

13 hours ago, Fido said:

@claudeJi - I'd like to see you in a new C8 hybrid - withe the normal 500 HP gas powered in the back with the 160 hp motor in the front - zero to 60 in under 2.5 seconds! All wrapped in a C8 Z06 body - imagine all the chicks you could  pick up in the Motor City!!!! Go get em stud! and $5,000 would be a great deal for that ride.

You are too funny, man. One of my BFFL's (45 years and couting) has his original 1967 Vette he bought after he got our of Military Service. He sold his lakefront property and bought a C8 cash with 45 Grand leftover. Even with the regular 500 Horse mid engine, this this is a cross between a go-cart and a spaceship. It's just glued to the road like no other. 

So yeah, I think the carbon mirrors package cost $5 grand on that thing, so the rest of the car would be free. LOL.

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You are too funny, man. One of my BFFL's (45 years and couting) has his original 1967 Vette he bought after he got our of Military Service. He sold his lakefront property and bought a C8 cash with 45 Grand leftover. Even with the regular 500 Horse mid engine, this this is a cross between a go-cart and a spaceship. It's just glued to the road like no other. 

So yeah, I think the carbon mirrors package cost $5 grand on that thing, so the rest of the car would be free. LOL.

I won't be buying a new C8 anytime in the near future because on Friday I received my Pink Slip for my 2017 C7 Grandsport. Really nice not having that car payment anymore and I just recently hit 20,000 miles onmy C7. Id love to have a new C8 Zray but only if it was free. Im too old and retired to get into major car debt.

IMG_0498.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fido said:

I won't be buying a new C8 anytime in the near future because on Friday I received my Pink Slip for my 2017 C7 Grandsport. Really nice not having that car payment anymore and I just recently hit 20,000 miles onmy C7. Id love to have a new C8 Zray but only if it was free. Im too old and retired to get into major car debt.

I did a story in Rangefinder (they got the cover too) on GM photo department about 20 years ago. I got to see all kinds of cool things not open to the general public. The Photo Dept. Manager is now President of the Corvette Museum where they do a "Museum Delivery" for C8 buyers. At some point and will drive to Kentucky and visit with my camera.

To your point, I don't believe in owning expensive sports cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porshe. Yachts, and Swimming Pools included. I want friends that own those things. I just want to own the set of keys to all those toys. LOL. This includes expensive TUBE amplifiers, too. Been there, done that in my 20's and 30's. Owned them all McIntosh, Marantz, Scott, Dynaco, etc. The "space heater to good sound" ratio lost it's luster for me. I like tube amps that are owned by others for similar reasons as the sports cars, etc.

Back to the OP, having integrity or lack thereof, for sales on a public forum is not excusable.

Since Shakey couldn't stop harassing me and his "gang" from here got me booted for lies on another forum I told him I wasn't going to send the amp off with the NOS GE 6550's and that I was waiting for current production KT88's to arrive before I ship the amp off. I was also having Linda finalize the owners manual with bias instructions with annotated images etc....

Instead he called the police on me and told me to sell the amp and send him the money so that's where we are at. The amp exists contrary to lies being spewed by people that cannot relax about getting an incredible deal on an amplifier so they don't get it anymore. Or should I say, they don't deserve it anymore.

Others that say you cannot get a great amplifier for the price Shakey paid, you can, you just have to be patient and let the builder do what they do best. Especially since it's not their full time job and want to only send out excellence as promised.

I'm done with this place but I won't have people spewing lies about this being fraud or a scam. That's completely made up by someone that didn't get what they wanted fast enough.

At least Chris will get a killer amp and can laugh at all of you when he gets his. Chris is cool, he knows not to bug me and when I finish I will send it off and he will have at least a $5,000 amplifier for 20% of the price. Being patient has it's virtues.

amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp3.jpg

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I did a story in Rangefinder (they got the cover too) on GM photo department about 20 years ago. I got to see all kinds of cool things not open to the general public. The Photo Dept. Manager is now President of the Corvette Museum where they do a "Museum Delivery" for C8 buyers. At some point and will drive to Kentucky and visit with my camera.

To your point, I don't believe in owning expensive sports cars like Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porshe. Yachts, and Swimming Pools included. I want friends that own those things. I just want to own the set of keys to all those toys. LOL. This includes expensive TUBE amplifiers, too. Been there, done that in my 20's and 30's. Owned them all McIntosh, Marantz, Scott, Dynaco, etc. The "space heater to good sound" ratio lost it's luster for me. I like tube amps that are owned by others for similar reasons as the sports cars, etc.

Back to the OP, having integrity or lack thereof, for sales on a public forum is not excusable.

I took Museum Delivery of my first Corvette back in 2000 when I got my C5 - that was an awesome experience. I would not do it again - the been there done that story! I can understand using solid state gear because it can sound amazing and last trouble free for many years. In my space I can't feel the heat of my EVO 400 and so far no problems but that doesn't mean it will never have any problems. As far as boats and swimming pools I am all for everyone besides me owning either.

• Like 1

Shakey, stop lying to evoke sympathy from members on here. Be a MAN and tell the truth!!!!

You called the police and sent me a text saying that you DO NOT want the amp anymore.

I asked you one last time to be certain that you don't want it and here is your EXACT quote;

"No, I'm done. I don't want the damn thing anymore. Just sell it, if it even exists, and send me my money."

So now I am trying to sell it to send you the money and I'm the bad guy?  Talk about a drama queen for attention. Stop the act and stop lying to people about the whole situation acting like you have no idea about me selling it when it was YOUR IDEA.