1979 Cornwall pair - assistance appreciated

Good afternoon community.  We are in possession of a dear friend's (deceased) audio system, which includes a pair of Cornwall's as well as Klipsch surround sound speakers (2), Klipsch centre channel and Klipsch subwoofer.  I would assume our friend bought it all at the same time.  Serial Numbers on the very faded and discoloured labels on the back are: 21T967 and 20T967.  Serial number on surround sound: SS1BLK-99421077 and 78, serial number on centre channel: RC52BK+11280066, serial number on subwoofer: 12KSW--99411846.   We are not able to keep such a large system, but are keenly aware of it's collector value.  Any assistance you could offer in terms of where to sell such a system and for what amount would be appreciated.  Also, we are in Canada (Ontario specifically)

• Sad 1

Very sorry for your loss.

The speakers were made decades apart.  The Cornwalls are from the 1970s, the others are from the 1990s and early 2000s.

Depending on condition, Cornwalls of that era usually go for $1000-1500.

RC-52 center speakers are worth about $100.

SS-1 surround speakers are worth about $100.

KSW-12 subwoofers are worth around $100.

You can list them here in the Garage Sale section of the forum.  Take good pictures, especially of the Cornwalls since they represent 90% of the value of what you have.

Also put a little better idea of where you are as Ontario is quite a large province.

• Like 1

@Kelly Anne, I am sitting in the GO parking lot at the 404 and Davis as I read this, lol.

If your pair of Cornwalls is in very good condition (and not black), you would not be out of line asking $2K in the current Canadian market. They do not come up that often. And I look daily.

If you list them on Kijiji (Canadian equivalent of Craigslist for our southern friends) the first guy to respond will ask "what's your best price". Don't even answer him, he's one of dozens of re-sellers hoping to flip them because he knows what they're worth.

A new pair of Cornwalls are 4X the price up here and used ones are not falling off of trucks up here like they do in Florida and Texas, sigh.

Oh, and you can pretty much double the suggested prices on the other pieces. A good reference is "Hifishark", they list (almost) everything sold in the various markets.

• Haha 1