CL: RP-600m (Tampa)

billybob

Well; "almost" bought a pair :)  First offerup seller "of course" did NOT respond :( 

But, also considering KG 3.2/3.5 ... both of which have a deeper base (36Hz vs 45Hz on the 600M's) ... and do not require "poles;" taking up about the same space. If anyone can convince me these 600's are better than the KG's (for rear surrounds) I'll gladly try a set. (BTW, have some KG 1.5's which I might try first.)

I made an offer on a pair of 600m in plant city from Facebook... Listed at 459, she said she had an offer for 400 already. Oh well... For that, I'll just buy new. 

Don't have any input for you on the other speakers.  I've never even heard the 600m but want to try them for rear surrounds. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes, even if in one box. There are horror stories here somewhere. Maybe others will say more @jjptkd

I have seen pictures of broken horns over the years believe there was a thread on this issue somewhere on the forum I'd say most Klipsch speakers replacements can be found but the 75's good luck if they break you'll be lucky if they can be repaired otherwise they'll be a total loss. 

Nice thing about the 7's, 75's they have large heavy magnet structures on their horns, bad thing about shipping these speakers they have large heavy magnets..

Discussed on page 2 of this thread:

• Thanks 3

Dumb question ... how do you remove the drivers on these RB-75's?  My seller has no clue and doesn't really want to do it :(  Looks like it is as simple as removing the plastic front plate and then unscrewing/unbolting the driver? Appreciate any input.

Thanks, Emile

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

Dumb question ... how do you remove the drivers on these RB-75's?  My seller has no clue and doesn't really want to do it :(  Looks like it is as simple as removing the plastic front plate and then unscrewing/unbolting the driver? Appreciate any input.

Thanks, Emile

Think that just remove the horn with driver attached and that is good enough. @jjptkd

• Like 1