KHorn Tweeter Question

Dave A

I have a guy sending me pictures of the tweeter and 1/2" motorboard on a KHorn.  It looks like studs or a bolt from the outside going in and 1/4" thread size with the holes in the K-77 flange drilled out larger. Is this how Klipsch did it or has something been done by the owner?

KHorn tweeter.jpg

KHorn tweeter studs.jpg

Hi, Dave

That is the factory way of mounting the horns and woofers to the “ motor board” of all Klipsch speakers until sometime in the early to mid 70’s (73-74 74-75)  you can see in the picture there is a lock washer and nut on the K-400 horn.

I have never seen this before and had no idea that Klipsch did this. I guess the oldest Klipsch speaker I have had was some H-700's from the late 70's.

14 hours ago, Budman said:

dave, when you made my set for my 69's i told you the bolts that came thru were not straight and i had to bend them a little plus i drilled out your lenses with the next size drill bit

OK I forgot that but until I had a picture in front of me today I either did not remember if you sent me a picture or if you just told me that, and I did not have a clear understanding of what you meant. KHorns are a nightmare of variables followed by La Scalas where K-77/EV-35's are concerned.

Thanks for the info guys.