Pocket Radio Player

Dave A

Today I found out about this program that will hook you up to radio stations around the world of many different genres. Now my shop computer where all the good speakers are fed from is not allowed on line so I have no idea of the quality. I can say though that I tuned into an old timey blue grass station and I just might get another PC that will be allowed on line to feed my shop speakers from. You can also record what you hear.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

Today I found out about this program that will hook you up to radio stations around the world of many different genres. Now my shop computer where all the good speakers are fed from is not allowed on line so I have no idea of the quality. I can say though that I tuned into an old timey blue grass station and I just might get another PC that will be allowed on line to feed my shop speakers from. You can also record what you hear.

Are you using Tune In?

I've just got to ask...what in the world have you been doing with that PC that it is not allowed online?  LOL

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CWelsh said:

Are you using Tune In?

I've just got to ask...what in the world have you been doing with that PC that it is not allowed online?  LOL

It has all my design data and machining files and I avoid problems by just staying offline with it. I have not had malware for years but it never hurts to be safe. There is an added problem in that I stopped maintenance on all my software three years ago. What I have will work just fine as I have permanent licenses as long as I don't upgrade past the ability of my programs to integrate with MS products. Things like SQL server and Excel are powerful tools used by all high end design programs and you can only go so far before an update one day will stop your program from working. I assume the same is also true with machining programs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

It has all my design data and machining files and I avoid problems by just staying offline with it. I have not had malware for years but it never hurts to be safe. There is an added problem in that I stopped maintenance on all my software three years ago. What I have will work just fine as I have permanent licenses as long as I don't upgrade past the ability of my programs to integrate with MS products. Things like SQL server and Excel are powerful tools used by all high end design programs and you can only go so far before an update one day will stop your program from working. I assume the same is also true with machining programs.

You know we were all hoping you would confess to something embarrassing. 🤣

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2024 at 7:21 AM, Ulipetovay said:

I have this shop computer with some seriously good speakers, but it's not allowed online. Now, I'm a music enthusiast, and I love to explore different genres from around the world. But without an internet connection, I felt a bit stuck in my musical bubble.

You will really be stuck in a bubble once you get banned for being a spammer.

• Like 1