Mcm-1900

dieter17

On 6/14/2022 at 9:24 AM, richieb said:

I’m In the middle of the country and often ask the same for east/west coast gear - 

Rule #1. Klipsch gear is almost never next to you for pickup.    Like all things MCM 1900 if you search for a year or two tweeters will show up or you can rig something up.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Dave A said:

Rule #1. Klipsch gear is almost never next to you for pickup.    Like all things MCM 1900 if you search for a year or two tweeters will show up or you can rig something up.

You can say that again!  I try to pick up “odd” klipsch stuff whenever I find it, whether I need it or not.  It all comes around sometime

1 hour ago, Amphicar said:

You can say that again!  I try to pick up “odd” klipsch stuff whenever I find it, whether I need it or not.  It all comes around sometime

I bought a pristine set of piezo MCM-1900 tweets a few years back just because they were there with other gear I was getting. They went to a guy from Dallas who was putting together a set and that was all he lacked. I get things like that because I want those Klipsch sets restored and put to good use by somebody.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 6:18 AM, Dave A said:

Rule #1. Klipsch gear is almost never next to you for pickup.    Like all things MCM 1900 if you search for a year or two tweeters will show up or you can rig something better up.

Fixed it fer ya:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I bought a pristine set of piezo MCM-1900 tweets a few years back just because they were there with other gear I was getting. They went to a guy from Dallas who was putting together a set and that was all he lacked. I get things like that because I want those Klipsch sets restored and put to good use by somebody.

Agreed.  Like old cars, this stuff is only getting more scarce, and anytime something can be put back original I think it should be.  Good on you for getting them to a worthy home.

2 hours ago, Schu said:

But unlike old cars the market niche specifically for vintage klipsch is very tiny.

You can not have supply and demand without the 'demand' part...

Well I don't know the niche size but I do know prices have gone through the roof on Klipsch this past couple of years which tells me that there is more demand then there are parts to feed demand.

• Like 1

D

19 hours ago, Schu said:

But unlike old cars the market niche specifically for vintage klipsch is very tiny.

You can not have supply and demand without the 'demand' part...

I agree it is a niche market, however I would say demand is pretty good, evidenced by the speed at which vintage klipsch sells.  Based on my own observations watching my local facebook marketplace, Craigslist, garage sale area, etc.  Even if there is no outside demand, I think there are enough of us Klipsch nuts who don’t mind having extra stuff around!