wtb klf-30 feet. .

pdow

KLF use a metal spike with plastic covers. 

probably best to post a wanted ad for the KLF feet in the garage sale section of the forum... or check ebay as they do come up for sale often.  heres a link to the older KG style spikes but shows what the plastic covers look like.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275348486638?hash=item401c0c79ee:g:HIAAAOSwx7Bip6lG

• Like 1

Thank you epic. I have some of those spikes. They are inserted into covers (or what i thought were covers) to protect the pointy points. But you say i can use these as feet !

The inserts are just tapered plastic (like shown in your attached pic) and it  looks to me like a 90lb speaker would just drive those spikes into the plastic and break it..... I have wood floor so need feet not spikes.

The speakers have metal bolts screwed into the bottom right now - but no feet that attach to them !

Not even sure how feet would attach to these metal bolts, maybe they were molded on then over time the rubber (or plastic) broke away from the bolt head.

Been watching eBay. Klipsch does not have part.

• Like 1

Partsexpress rubber feet, about $2.50 for four.  Buy them in bulk as they are very useful.  Just be sure that the rubber will not stain the floor from leaked oil. 

https://www.parts-express.com/tools-supplies/hardware/case-cabinet-feet

Do not use spikes on wood floor.  I saw a guy on a B&W forum use spikes on his very expensive wood floors with a pair of 800 Diamonds.  He was told that he would get better bass or some crap like that.  He destroyed the flooring, not sure about the bass, but rubber has a high friction coefficient (you know, like tires) and is the proper choice.  These guys need to hire someone to change a light bulb and should never touch anything that requires any mechanical skills. 

Pdow, McMaster-Carr may have what you're looking for, if you can figure out the thread size/pitch. The threaded posts that remain could have been the threaded post molded into the rubber foot of the speaker. What does the receiver look like? You may be able to remove the post by just unscrewing it, and using a new foot with an integrated threaded post. If the post doesn't want to budge, look for a foot with the correct receiver that will screw onto the post.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, pdow said:

Have a pair of speakers that do not have rubber feet.

Bottom of Grill is even with bottom of speakers so speaker needs a little elevation. these have metal plugs for feet right now.

Thanks

take a picture , and show us what you have -

7 hours ago, 001 said:

take a picture , and show us what you have -

I think that is a great idea and I would love to see a picture of your system too. You mentioned owning some LSI's the other day and i always like pictures of one of my favorite speakers.

23 hours ago, pdow said:

Thank you epic. I have some of those spikes. They are inserted into covers (or what i thought were covers) to protect the pointy points. But you say i can use these as feet !

The inserts are just tapered plastic (like shown in your attached pic) and it  looks to me like a 90lb speaker would just drive those spikes into the plastic and break it..... I have wood floor so need feet not spikes.

The speakers have metal bolts screwed into the bottom right now - but no feet that attach to them !

Not even sure how feet would attach to these metal bolts, maybe they were molded on then over time the rubber (or plastic) broke away from the bolt head.

Been watching eBay. Klipsch does not have part.

the plastic or metal feet do NOT go into the covers,  the metal spikes insert into the holes in the bottom of the speaker cabinet, then the plastic covers are optional depending on the type of floor the speakers will be on, metal spikes are usually for carpet to couple the speaker to the floor better,  the plastic covers are used for hardwood or tile etc to protect from damage.  

can you post a pic so we can see what youre dealing with?  metal bolts screwed into the bottoms is not original from the factory on KLFs as far as im aware but pics will help determine whats going on.  also the feet in the link i sent are for KG or older kg subs, the KLF use the same type of metal spike & plastic cover but im pretty sure they have a very coarse threaded body that inserts into the wood, the KG type in the ebay link just press into the hole with no threads.  

hope that makes sense.  

• Like 1

I bought my KLF-20’s new in 1998 and this picture is from the manual and is the way mine came. The spikes were in a Spike Kit and the Threaded Cabinet Insert was covered with the Vinyl Cap. Essentially you could use them without the spikes installed, but the caps would wear over time if the speakers were moved very much.

Is what you refer to as a bolt actually the threaded insert like in the manual's picture? You can buy different styles of feet (spikes or rubber) with threaded inserts that will screw into the Threaded Cabinet Insert.

Edit to add: the threads should be 1/4-20.

Klipsch KLF Manual IMG_0001 Cropped.jpg

On 6/16/2022 at 4:28 PM, Buck115 said:

I bought my KLF-20’s new in 1998 and this picture is from the manual and is the way mine came. The spikes were in a Spike Kit and the Threaded Cabinet Insert was covered with the Vinyl Cap. Essentially you could use them without the spikes installed, but the caps would wear over time if the speakers were moved very much.

Is what you refer to as a bolt actually the threaded insert like in the manual's picture? You can buy different styles of feet (spikes or rubber) with threaded inserts that will screw into the Threaded Cabinet Insert.

Yes. This klf 20/30 pic shows the 'threaded cabinet insert' . It is metal. It's threads extend/screw about one inch into cab base. It has a threaded hole in it's center - end to end of the 'insert'. Threaded central hole is for spike cover and spike itself.

The vinyl cap is i suspect what functions as a foot, as alternative to spikes.

I have pretty good idea how spike (klf) system works.

How the 'vinyl cap' looks and how it attaches to the 'insert' is not clear to me.

here is a older link regarding spike/feet for KLFs.  in one of the pics in the first post from "crunchman" you can see the spikes i was talking about, they have a very coarse thread that just screws into the raw wood of the cabinet.  i thought those were what i have seen on some KLFs & what were on my epic CF4 v2 speakers,  klipsch must have changed the style of the spikes/feet at some point on some models to the threaded metal insert.  

post a wanted ad for the correct style spikes/feet or keep an eye out on ebay... or if you dont care about originality just buy some spikes/feet from parts express with the correct thread pitch for the inserts. 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/189653-found-looking-for-klf20-feet-epic-cf-3-cf-4-are-the-same/

7 hours ago, pdow said:

Yes. This klf 20/30 pic shows the 'threaded cabinet insert' . It is metal. It's threads extend/screw about one inch into cab base. It has a threaded hole in it's center - end to end of the 'insert'. Threaded central hole is for spike cover and spike itself.

How the 'vinyl cap' looks and how it attaches to the 'insert' is not clear to me.

Here is the extract from the KLF manual that describes using the KLF's on carpet or hard surfaces. The Vinyl Caps just slide over the Threaded Cabinet Inserts and are nothing special. I've also included a picture of the Vinyl Caps that came with my KLF-20's.

Installation of KLF 20 and KLF 30 Spike Feet:
The larger KLF models have four threaded inserts, covered with a soft vinyl cap, on the bottom of the cabinet. If the speaker will be used on a hard surface, these caps should be left in place to provide a non-skid surface. Also included in the carton are four spike feet. The spike feet will enhance the performance of your KLF series loudspeaker by concentrating the weight of the speaker on the spikes, improving the mechanical connection to the floor (especially on carpet). This improves the definition, clarity and detail of the speaker by channeling cabinet vibration into the floor. The spikes are intended for use on carpet, but may also be used on hardwood, vinyl or tile floors. Be advised that they will scratch or mar the floor's surface. In either case, final positioning of the speaker should be determined before the spikes are installed. Mark the speaker's location on the floor with masking tape, install the spikes and reposition in the desired location.

546773340_KlipschKLFManualIMG_1049.thumb.jpg.3ddff20570412501e4a707ba777dec3b.jpg

On 6/16/2022 at 4:28 PM, Buck115 said: