SOLD: Cary CAD-120S MkII + octet of Mullard KT-88s

michaelwjones

Fully differentially balanced, the CAD-120S MkII offers both RCA single-ended and XLR balanced inputs to match any associated equipment. Front panel meters continually monitor the bias current to the tubes. A huge power supply provides plenty of current storage to handle the peak demands of music. It can be switched on the fly from triode mode (Class A) at 60 watts per channel to ultra-linear mode (Class AB) at 120 watts per channel.

The unit has no sonic or cosmetic issues. The Gold Lion KT88 have about 200 hours as do the upgraded GE “glow dome” 6SN7s. The switches and all contacts were just cleaned.

This unit was sent to Cary and upgraded from a MkI to a MkII. All changes were made but the face plate was not changed, an expense that would add nothing to the sonics. Correspondence from Cary confirming same is included.  Includes manual, power cord and original packing from Cary.

$2500 plus shipping which will be pricey due to its 65 pound weight. Figure $100 to $200, depending upon distance from middle Tennessee. Free local pickup is fine. Please email any questions.

Specifications

•Power Output: Ultralinear – 120 watts per channel. Triode – 60 watts per channel

•Inputs: XLR balanced & RCA single-ended

•Noise and Hum: -80 dB

•Input Impedance: 100K both RCA and Balanced

•Frequency Response: 17 Hz – 25 KHz flat @ 1 watt

•Tubes:

2 – 6SN7 input gain stage

2 – 6SN7 driver tubes

8 – KT 88 output tubes

•Gain: 28dB

•Sensitivity: 1.24v

•Power Supply Capacitors: 4 x 560µF

•Finish: Anthracite black chassis with silver aluminum faceplate 

•Weight: 65 lbs

•Dimensions: 8″ H x 17 ” W x 14″ D

Cary 120 - 1.jpeg

Cary 120 - 2.jpeg

Cary 120 - 3.jpeg

Cary 120 - 4.jpeg

Cary 120 - 5.jpeg

Cary 120 - 6.jpeg

Cary 120 - 7.jpeg

Cary 120.pages

Edited by michaelwjones
Sale; but not here... sigh.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • michaelwjones changed the title to FS: Cary CAD-120S MkII + octet of Mullard KT-88s
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is on the fence due to high shipping costs, I am headed to Jackson Center, Ohio next week and and bring the unit. My route takes me through Nashville, Bowling Green, Louisville, Cinci and Dayton. Please let me know ASAP and we’ll make arrangements Thanks.

• michaelwjones changed the title to SOLD: Cary CAD-120S MkII + octet of Mullard KT-88s