LaScala at Auction - Lincoln, NE

uteman1011

40 minutes ago, Schu said:

E... what did you do with the klipschorns and La Scalas?

Ks were sold to @driverdog and a little later the eliptrac and circle trac inserts as well. The LaScalas are still with me as I bought these brand new in '77. They'll go when I go. Will serve as outdoor/garage/workshop speakers until then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

bid $5.00, instantly outbid

Since your CC didn't let you get the Jubes 😉 I think you can go at least $50 on the LS....probably have that in change under your couch cushions. 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm local so it makes since to create an account, bid $5.00, instantly outbid.

There's an industrial pair in the same area for $1500.00, aluminum trim, handles and all.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It killed me to do it but I passed on an industrial LaScala pair for $600 a few months back here in Minnesota.  They were on facebook marketplace and about a 2 hour drive for me.  I was the first one to message the seller but I changed my mind and backed out.

I would suggest seeing (and smelling) these before making a high-dollar bid. The inch of dust is one thing, but these are in a carpeted basement. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a leaky carpeted basement, because the speakers are precariously propped up on bricks and there's a blobby dark stain inside the mouth of one bass horn.

Edited by triceratops
Clarified wording in response to feedback

14 hours ago, triceratops said:

I would suggest seeing (and smelling) these before bidding. The inch of dust is one thing, but these are in a carpeted basement. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a leaky carpeted basement, because the speakers are precariously propped up on bricks and there's a blobby dark stain inside the mouth of one bass horn.

The horns alone are worth a couple hundred. 

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

The horns alone are worth a couple hundred. 

Thanks Dude, point taken. I have edited my comment to reflect that I don't think forumites should throw down big bucks for these before inspecting them. But if they go for hundreds instead of thousands, just rolling the dice makes sense.

• Like 2