Jucy Music Peach II repair

Goldgilding

Anyone know of a responsible repair shop to replace gains on a JM Peach II?

I bought it used and the gains are not original, clic-stop type. The original gains sweep -no click.

I appreciate your time.

I'm in Maryland

Edited by Goldgilding
spell

Interesting comment about the clicking gains.  One reason I like the Crown K2's is that they have clicking gains.  My thinking is I have some way to gauge that they are as close as they can be.  When I use the non clicking gains on my dbx amp, I always feel a bit frustrated that they're not the same.

(shrugs shoulders, being ocd has its issues I suppose!)

I even debated on getting my meter out so I could perhaps measure the gains electronically and finally put my foot down to myself!  

• Like 1

Someone here with that model could look at theirs to tell what part belongs there so you could have a tech order the correct part. I have one of his Merlins, which may be the same part, but I don't know for sure.

4 hours ago, Breakdown7 said:

You could send it to Craig at NOS Valves, as I’m sure he’d be willing to repair this and give your unit a check up. 

Thank you,

I read a while back that he has worked on the Peach II.

I'll google his contact.

Again, I thank you!

A

23 hours ago, mark1101 said:

If someone installed stepped attentuators they should be better (less distortion) than the original pots.  

The stock pots were not that great.  Mine had to be replaced under warranty.  Not Mark's fault, he designed to a price point, like everything else out there.  If you are going through the effort replace the pots with an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

On the Peach I had the volume control was Alps (nice!), but the channel gains were just basic pots.

It has been a long time but I do remember having separate pots for each channel and a main pot.  I think that one of the separate volume pots went bad in my Peach, not the main pot. 

Replace the separate volume pots with Alps and be done with it.