K-79-K magnet/tweeter in a Heresy II

I need a replacement magnet for my Heresy II. I'll be installing the Crites Titanium diaphragm. My question is can I swap the K-76 magnet with a K-79 on the stock Heresy II horn lens? Reason I ask is this is a center speaker for my Chorus II'S which uses the K-79-k. 

You can.

You will get a little bit more output from that tweeter now though. The K-79 has a bigger magnet and tighter gap than the K-76.

You may like it, you may not even notice.

Once you get the Ti diaphragms it will be noticeable, but you may prefer that too.

They are all discontinued.

The K-107-Ti is what they sell now.

I was in a similar boat a few years back and tried the K-107s.

They are way too bright without attenuation.

The ONLY speakers they slotted into nicely without any changes were Tangent T-5000s.

1 hour ago, soupy1970 said:

I'll be installing the Crites Titanium diaphragm. My question is can I swap the K-76 magnet with a K-79 on the stock Heresy II horn lens 

there are no issues for the horn lens , buy I am  not sure if the k-75/k79 motor is  gonna fit  without some modifications ,   pull a tweeter out of the Chorus and check it out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soupy1970 said:

I'm familiar with the Ti diaphragms. So you think it's a good option if I'm buying a new tweeter anyway to get the K-79 over the K-76? 

klipsch have a Titanium diaphragm , that is currently used on the Heresy and Cornwall IV , it fits the k-76 -75-79   , price is on par with Aftermarkets .

6 hours ago, 001 said:

there are no issues for the horn lens , buy I am  not sure if the k-75/k79 motor is  gonna fit  without some modifications ,   pull a tweeter out of the Chorus and check it out 

Good point. The K-76 is a very tight fit already 

Are you saying you have a Heresy system but lacking a tweeter? And you need to find a replacement? I would still use (or find) a k-76 tweeter. This keeps the overall spectrum balanced in the speaker system. I think that the K-76 is easier to locate, as well. Good idea to match the tonal characteristics of the R-L-Center, though, if you have titanium drivers in the Chorus. 

On 6/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, DavidF said:

Are you saying you have a Heresy system but lacking a tweeter? And you need to find a replacement? I would still use (or find) a k-76 tweeter. This keeps the overall spectrum balanced in the speaker system. I think that the K-76 is easier to locate, as well. Good idea to match the tonal characteristics of the R-L-Center, though, if you have titanium drivers in the Chorus. 

It appears the studs broke loose on the magnet. I just thought they were bolts instead of the typical nuts to tighten. Anyway when I went to reinstall I noticed the magnet was spinning on the horn. Turns out both magnets are doing this. I don't know if someone used lock tight on them to make the nuts seal breaking loose the studs or what.