For you McIntosh fans

Shakeydeal

If you need to find ways to set fire to money, there ya go. 

I remember years ago on the B&W forum the 'audiophile experts' there (qualifications include (1) you can afford expensive gear,(2) well, I guess that was it) decided that Bryston amps were not true 'audiophile' amps, but they were OK enough to use for a subwoofer.  More than a few people did this.  Fun times. 

36 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

If you need to find ways to set fire to money, there ya go. 

I remember years ago on the B&W forum the 'audiophile experts' there (qualifications include (1) you can afford expensive gear,(2) well, I guess that was it) decided that Bryston amps were not true 'audiophile' amps, but they were OK enough to use for a subwoofer.  More than a few people did this.  Fun times. 

I'm no "audiophile expert", don't own any B&W speakers, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but every time I've heard a Bryston amp I wanted to run from the room.

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I'm no "audiophile expert", don't own any B&W speakers, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but every time I've heard a Bryston amp I wanted to run from the room.

Yes, they are complete garbage.  When I went from the Bryston 7B STs to Classe CAM 350s the difference was so big that  I had to smash them with a sledgehammer rather than have someone else have to hear the Brystons.  I guess they might be OK for subwoofers...

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

You can hear a difference between amps? Interesting....  Confirmation bias is funny thing (says the person with a multi-thousand dollar stack of McIntosh electronics). The lies we tell ourselves and the purchases we make to feel superior over one another.