Highs ??  aaahh at my age don't hear above 6k HZ

WAF (lowest)

Mids are where the music  lives 🙂

I am pretty happy with my KLF 30

Gotts to be 3 Way for me...

I have my fireproof suit on ..

So ..

• Like 1

forte/quartet for size/price/WAF.  many other bigger models like chorus, epic cf3/4, cornwall etc.  or if size price dont matter K-horn then jubilee at the top. 

many very nice pro models too.   

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Klipsch only please

Points for:

Footprint (low)

Bass 

Mids !!!  ..attack, percussion, detail

Highs ??  aaahh at my age don't hear above 6k HZ

WAF (lowest)

Mids are where the music  lives 🙂

I am pretty happy with my KLF 30

Gotts to be 3 Way for me...

I have my fireproof suit on ..

So ..

I felt my Chorus II's bested the 30's I had not by a lot but sensitivity seemed higher midrange a bit more forward and bass slam while not as low or excessive as the 30's very tight and clean sounding plus they play louder and seem to be damn near indestructible.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 001 said:

in that order  ,  KP 301  ,  KP-301-II   ,   Chorus ,  Chorus II  .

Chorus 1 above the Chorus 2??

Can you explain this perhaps? 

If money is not an issue then go for a Heritage 4 speaker. 

The bigger the speaker the better, although the lascala can be not your cup of thea because of the bass. 

If you prefer a more affordable speaker, give Chorus (1 or 2) a try. 

Since you're talking about bass, I think the Chorus 2 is the better choice for you. 

Basing my suggestion on:

I have owned the RF3, RF3 II, lascala, heresy 2,chorus 1,CW3

Have heared at a demo the Forte 4,Heresy 4

Owning the CW4 atm. 

• Like 1

I think the Cornwall is as good of a "stock" hi-fi speaker as the world has ever seen. The cabinet is of such a dimension that it sounds naturally good (it approximates the golden mean in its dimensions), while the one inch horn throat makes it sound "open" enough that it is now no longer something that seems restricted in any way. Of course we can talk about the Klipschorn as being truly the game changer here, but I have always seen the Cornwall as one of the all time great speakers from ANY brand as it has so much right in stock form as well as being a flexible product that most can find space for.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Flevoman said:

Chorus 1 above the Chorus 2??

Can you explain this perhaps?

it's my household ,  the Chorus 1  has 1 less Passive radiator  , so  less prone to accidental damage from the kids-dogs -cats

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 001 said:

it's my household ,  the Chorus 1  has 1 less Passive radiator  , so  less prone to accidental damage from the kids-dogs -cats

🤣🤣🤣... OK, I didn't expect this reason 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

You like them better than the RC-7's?

Too early to tell. RC-7's are 7 ft high and horizontal. Hooked up the RB-75's yesterday on 1-1/2 ft high footstools - AVR line out, cheap Chinese amp, probably out of phase and maybe L/R switched).  But, by themselves I was very impressed - of course just played them "loud," during a one bottle of wine session. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd say if foot print is an issue, than Forte IV, if you can give up a little more space than the Cornwall IV.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Agree on that. 

But what would you advise outside of the Heritage 4 line? 

2 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Most bang for the buck taking footprint into account would  be the new Fortes.

Well the price of the Forte IV's is now $5K a pair, - That is a lot of bucks. Is there that much  more bang?

Although it is not the best speaker, a used Cornwall or Cornwall2 has a good deal of bang for very little bucks (and they are readily available). So I would have to say those are the best bang for the buck. 

Yes, you can pay more for a speaker and get better performance, but then we run into our old nemesis, Mr Diminishing Returns. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Well the price of the Forte IV's is now $5K a pair, - That is a lot of bucks. Is there that much  more bang?

Although it is not the best speaker, a used Cornwall or Cornwall2 has a good deal of bang for very little bucks (and they are readily available). So I would have to say those are the best bang for the buck. 

Yes, you can pay more for a speaker and get better performance, but then we run into our old nemesis, Mr Diminishing Returns. 

You aren't taking into account room footprint, which was part of the original metric. A Cornwall is considerably larger.

• Like 1

I confess that I am ignorant of the size of the Forte

The Cornwall 2 is 390 sq in and the Forte 4 is 216 sq in. You are correct and the Forte is 45% smaller (please do not embarrass an old man and check his math). 

I used to own Cornwalls (1 & 2). I liked them quite a bit. I have heard the old Fortes and thought they were good. Are the new Fortes "that much better"?

Note: I asked "better" not "prettier"

The reason I am pushing the older Cornwalls is that they are available and affordable ( I am a cheap SOB and love a bargain). 

• Haha 1