Mid range Detail

If you are referring to the "underground" Jubilees (Jubilee bass bin with two K-31s and the K-402 top & DSP crossover/EQ), the answer is: Yes, the Jubilee was easily the best at its price point (between $7-8.5k over the the last 15 years or so).

This is compared to both other Klipsch products and also products from other manufacturers. 

• Like 2

You Mention the Mid-Range...

No contest... in mid range, the Jubilee with a TAD4002 or Celestion axi2050.

I personally wasn't that happy with the k691

if you are searching for 'air', you're gonna need to go three way, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With respect to Klipsch speakers in particular, it's not simply that a speaker is 2-way or 3-way.  In my opinion what sets Heritage (including the 2-way Jubilee) and the other 3-way Klipsch (like the 3-way Legend series and the Palladium series) apart from the 2-way Klipsch consumer lines is that more of the frequency range is covered by horn-loaded drivers.  In the Klipsch consumer lines of speakers, most of the 2-way speakers hand off from horns to cones in the range of 1200 Hz to as high as 2500 Hz. In contrast, the consumer line 3-way speakers (that are not fully horn-loaded) transition from horns to cones in a range of like 500 Hz to 850 Hz. This means that the consumer 3-way and fully horn-loaded speakers will have less distortion in the critical lower and middle region of the mid-range frequencies where the bulk of the musical and vocal action is. To my ears the 3-way Klipsch consumer speakers and the fully-horn-loaded ones (whether 3-way or 2-way like the Jubilee) sound more effortless, cleaner, less veiled, and more accurate in the mid-range.  The Jubilee has the lowest distortion of all Klipsch home speakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 001 said:

yep 3 ways rock ......the Commercial pro Cinema   KPT Jube was a 3 way    , and even  the TSCM  3 way speaker

Roy has said on numerous occasions that the 3-way Jubilee was only needed for getting higher SPL in cinemas that required it.  It was the same with the larger number of "ways" in any of the cinema systems.  It would not be needed in a home environment.  He even mentioned that again in this recent interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIy4YzgPEQw.

20 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Roy has said on numerous occasions that the 3-way Jubilee was only needed for getting higher SPL in cinemas that required it.  It was the same with the larger number of "ways" in any of the cinema systems.  It would not be needed in a home environment.  He even mentioned that again in this recent interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIy4YzgPEQw.

I agree  with a 2 way design if you are using the Axi 2050  which a super combination  +   DSP , but with the Base  Jube K-691  and a passive setup , I would go 3 way solely because of the  lK-691  which needs that extra sparkle up on  top .

6 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Roy has said on numerous occasions that the 3-way Jubilee was only needed for getting higher SPL in cinemas that required it.  It was the same with the larger number of "ways" in any of the cinema systems.  It would not be needed in a home environment.

:rollseyes:

3 hours ago, 001 said:

I agree  with a 2 way design if you are using the Axi 2050  which a super combination  +   DSP , but with the Base  Jube K-691  and a passive setup , I would go 3 way solely because of the  lK-691  which needs that extra sparkle up on  top .

Isn't the tweeter driver on the 3-way KPT-JUBILEE/535-B the K-691?  If so, you will not really get anymore top end extension from the 3-way cinema Jubilee than you will from the stock Underground Jubilee.  I agree that the K-691 doesn't have the greatest top end but that wasn't the point.  The point Roy was making was between the stock 2-way and 3-way old-style Jubilee that the main difference is more SPL.