SOLD: Integra DTC 9.8 THX Ultra2 Surround Processor

Iteachstem

Hello all,

This works perfectly and is in excellent condition.  Remote, manual, calibration microphone and original box are included.  Comes from a pet and smoke free home.  Tons of info online about this.(See links below) 

Some highlights I loved about this:

Balanced (XLR) and RCA outputs

You can adjust the channel levels on the remote! (Very convenient for when you just need to quickly bump up the center for dialogue, or adjust the bass levels to account for poorly mixed movies/content.)

Very transparent sound

Audition is available when you pick it up to verify that everything functions correctly.

$300 picked up

$360 Shipped

Feel free to ask any questions.

Reviews:

https://www.soundandvision.com/preampprocessors/508integra

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/processors/a-secrets-surround-sound-processor-review/

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

• Like 2

Trying to think how I could use this in a 4k setup. Let the tv do the switching and do fiber out to this?  HDMI standards are worse today than this thing was made so I'm wondering how it would handle audio passed from the modern console video games.  I think Atmos is pointless, so I'm fine with 5.2 DD and DTS, but I'm worried this wouldn't handle all the handshakes necessary these days.

9 minutes ago, Godataloss said:

Trying to think how I could use this in a 4k setup. Let the tv do the switching and do fiber out to this? 

Depends on your TV and other equipment but, sometimes it is possible to connect your sources to the TV via HDMI cables, then connect a single fiber optic cable from the TV to the AVR for all the audio.

3 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Depends on your TV and other equipment but, sometimes it is possible to connect your sources to the TV via HDMI cables, then connect a single fiber optic cable from the TV to the AVR for all the audio.

That's what I'm doing now.  Some devices (google chromecast) have issues.  I was just wondering if OP knew of work arounds with this unit.

I used HDMI from my blueray directly to the tv for the video signal and a digital out from the blueray into the Integra for audio. This worked perfectly!  I changed from an Emotiva processor to the Integra and that was a noticeable upgrade.  I now mostly use my computer as a source to watch both streaming platforms (netflix and amazon prime) as well as 1080 or higher content I download and then watch.  (hmdi from computer into my outlaw audio 976 processor, then hdmi output from the 976 into the 4k tv.)

I almost regret updating to the outlaw audio 976 processor just to pass a 4K signal!  Not that the Outlaw is bad.... it sounds great (minus the remote snafu that they wont address!) but I don't realize any significant difference from 1080 to 4k unless I am less than about 3 feet from the screen... and on a 70" TV, that really doesn't work too well!!!  And let's be honest, there is not a ton of 4k content available for how most of us watch content.

I am actually debating putting the outlaw up for sale and then just keeping the one that doesn't sell.  I like the 4k capability of the Outlaw 976 and the sound is amazing for both home theater or 2 channel.  However, the Integra, even though it doesn't do 4K, does sound amazing and doesn't have the remote issues the 976 has!

I hope my rambling has helped!

On a side note: My ultimate goal was to find a decent 7.1 processor that does 4K.  I don't want anything that has all of the fancy bells and whistles, I just am looking for one that sounds incredible and doesn't need constant tweaking/updating to work!  Any suggestions?

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, Iteachstem said:

On a side note: My ultimate goal was to find a decent 7.1 processor that does 4K.  I don't want anything that has all of the fancy bells and whistles, I just am looking for one that sounds incredible and doesn't need constant tweaking/updating to work!  Any suggestions?

Me too bud, me too.  Most of the problem (to my understanding) stems from the lack of 'standards' in the hdmi standards. It's keeping me from buying a new 4k tv despite the fact I despise my current Visio 4k almost to the point of gleefully smashing it with a hammer.

I'd love a simple 5.2 Processor and a separate 5 channel Hypex amp setup.  I don't give a shit about atmos. It took 25 years for consistently good DD and DTS movie mixes to happen- same with games.  If I want total speaker immersion, headphones win every time.  I'm too freaking busy to screw around with this shit any more.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, TubesGlo said:

excellent processor

Yes they are!  I think I'm going back to this one and then either selling or placing my outlaw audio 976 on my 2.2 stereo system as I don't need a remote for that one. 

If they stop handing out pay cuts for me as a teacher, maybe I'll be able to afford a nice used 7.2 4K processor in the next couple-o-years when everyone is going on to the next and latest format.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, Iteachstem said:

My Sony STR-ZA2100ES is fantastic.  Sounds great, easy to use and set up.

• 1 month later...
  • Iteachstem changed the title to SOLD: Integra DTC 9.8 THX Ultra2 Surround Processor