Wasn't there another company in Texas PWK "ok'd" to make slot ported Heresy's?

avguytx

I know I've seen them somewhere in the past but wasn't there a Texas based company who PWK gave the OK to make a Heresy style speaker with a slot port in the front?  These also used a pair of toggle switches in the back and had the K-700 horn and T-35 tweeters.  Even used the older style speaker connections, too.  Maybe there were a couple of models?  I don't think it was JW Davis but someone else...

John Allen  comes to mind  in Las Vegas Nevada  ............SR 70  perhaps https://www.hps4000.com/pages/speak_index_.html

A History of the HPS-4000® Sound System

The only  other cie  ,   was WWR Technology Inc.  of Hope Arks , ( Concept Technologies Group, Inc ) 

But WWR never used the T-35 or the K-700 as the Business  started in 1992  with  klipsch Made drivers being used in OSB cabinets with rat fur .(  K-28- K-76-K-75-K-79- K-53-K-701 , etc  ) .

https://community.klipsch.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=68628

I am not aware of any "authorization" or licensing of the Heresy to anyone.  The Texas company referred to could have been Frazier.  Paul and Jack Frazier communicated regularly, and both had respect for each other.  The yellow button did not apply to this competitor!

The Heresy did not (at least at that time, or maybe even now) contain patent-protected elements, so outright copying could have occurred.  The trade-marked term Heresy would be another matter, as "trademarks are forever".  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JRH said:

I am not aware of any "authorization" or licensing of the Heresy to anyone.  The Texas company referred to could have been Frazier.  Paul and Jack Frazier communicated regularly, and both had respect for each other.  The yellow button did not apply to this competitor!

The Heresy did not (at least at that time, or maybe even now) contain patent-protected elements, so outright copying could have occurred.  The trade-marked term Heresy would be another matter, as "trademarks are forever".  

Thank you, Jim.  It's only been a rare occasion that I'd seen this style of "Heresy knockoff" and the last time I personally did was in Denton, TX maybe 15 years ago.  I do recall the crossovers being different and they had a pair of what may have been attenuation switches on the back.