Opinion on Decware Zen Torii junior?

vigiano

I'm looking to improve my stereo sound. I recently added a Vincent Phi 700 phono preamp and liked the tube sound so much I thought I'd try tubes. I presently have a Marantz 7007 7 channel amp with the the 3 front speakers running thru my Emotiva Xpa3. I also play my digital music with an Oppo 203. I'm hoping to get a cleaner lessened sound. What tube amp would help. I spoke to Steve at Decware and he suggested the Zen Torii Junior. 

I had a Zen Torii II a few years ago and it was one of the best sounding amps I've owned. But I agree with @Schu, what speakers are you driving? It was my experience that the Torii didn't like difficult loads or less efficient speakers. I paired mine with Khorns and it was a beautiful match.

To answer Schu. I have Ohm Walsh 2000 speakers. Steve thought the Ohms would have plenty of power. The juniors have 20 watts a side. He did mention the way Ohms sound goes out in a wide sound stage as a possible drawback. I explained I prefer the way the Ohms fill the room.