Replacement Parts & Updates To KLF 20 Questions

Hamilton

the comment was pretty clear... i asked the guy if he has ever tested to reach that determination, but got crickets as usual... how does one know something is "superior" if they have never tested or probably never even owned or heard the thing(s) they are discrediting & insulting?

what i find funny is if you go back a few years, before jem or klipch TI tweeters, this same person liked the crites caps & tweeters & even recommended them to other members,  but hard to find those posts out of 61.4k other posts that get edited all the time...  

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, 001 said:

On 7/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, RandyH said:

...   you can buy  the cheaper piezo tweeter replacements  which come with a T-35 style horn ,    the piezo 's  cost a few $ each on Ebay  , ...

Image 1 - 2pcs 146*67mm Piezoelectric Tweeter Piezo Ceramics Speaker Horn Piezoelec

Is this eBay seller you recommend an authorized Klipsch dealer?

• Haha 2

BTW , we were discussing the klf-20 Ti tweeter diaphragm ,  and klipsch part no  is 127123 is made of Titanium whereas the DE 120 was lesser expensive  Aluminium

as an example ,  the Jubilee 's Axi 2050  does not use a Poliymide -Beryllium -Aluminium   , but a 7 inch Titanium diaphragm to produce an output of...140dB , and  only Titanium could withstand such a sound pressure without  fractures , based on Celestion's 5 years to develop the Axi 2050 ' s diaphragm  , Titanium is superior to all other materials   https://celestion.com/product/axi2050/

On 7/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, Khornukopia said:

Since you wonder, and post it as an insult to a respected member. I have learned a lot more about speakers from Claude on the forum, than from reading other people's GLWYS and congrats over and over.

Yes agree 100%

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RandyH said:

but a 7 inch Titanium diaphragm to produce an output of...140dB

It's a midrange driver and not a Tweeter, which was the topic, so you are already off-topic and still wrong. The Titanium construction is very special/assymetrical stamping and unconventional drive point. I, saw that video a few years back. Josh Ricci was the first one to buy those drivers and he had to get them from a UK Dealer before Klipsch got a hold of one. They were simply not available in the USA at the time.

It still requires lots of PEQ to get up there, in the Super Tweeter range and Roy had to add his magic little external "spreader" to get adequate dispersion out of it, which requires more PEQ than without the spreader to make up for the on axis loss.

I had TADs in my Jubes with K402's and had to PEQ those Beryliums to get the same "tinkles" I got so easily to from DaveA's tweeters on top of Edgar 300 Tractrix horns/JBL Phenolic drivers on my Jubes.

Posting someone's else's presentation won't cut it and will never make you the expert you purport to be on this forum. I have DELETED more speaker measurement than you will ever live long enough to create, which I'm not counting on, as I said before. In the meantime, enjoy your music.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Josh Ricci was the first one to buy those drivers and he had to get them from a UK Dealer before Klipsch got a hold of one. They were simply not available in the USA at the time.

the Statement is 100%  false

, the Axi 2050 was made Available to OEM 's  in 2016  , FYI klipsch  is an OEM   ,  the Axi 2050's  was only available to the public in the UK  in very late 2018 /  early 2019  from LEAN in the UK  /shipping to the USA was 500$  , and no Josh Ricci was not the 1st person to  buy these from LEAN in the UK  in 2018-2019 , Josh Ricci  did not even own a pair in late November 2019, and Josh  Ricci possibly got a pair somewhere  in 2020 , while klipsch  Engineering  presented a complete  Heritage Jubilee speaker  in early 2020 

-your statement that klipsch did not have the Axi 2050 in house before Josh Ricci got a hold of one in 2020 is therefore also completely false .....have a great day

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

no Josh Ricci was not the 1st person to  buy these from LEAN in the UK  in 2018-2019 , Josh Ricci  did not even own a pair in late November 2019, and Josh  Ricci possibly got a pair somewhere  in 2020 , while klipsch  Engineering  presented a complete  Heritage Jubilee speaker  in early 2020 

It was 2019 when Ricci got his. I know this for a fact because I'm the one that purchased his K1133 drivers when he got the Celestions. So for me, it was not "possibly" guess work, like you stated, it was ACTUALLY. I searched the USA dealers to get some for myself but they were not yet being sold. Its only been a few years since they were available from Parts Express in the USA.

Ricci the first person that I knew of back then, that got them. It's not as important as you make it seem in your comment, but OK.

If you had inside information about Klipsch acquiring those on OEM basis, then why did you wait to long to talk about it on the forum?

Even if you are mostly right about what you just said, it still doesn't give a pass to the other 99% of your other posts which are inaccurate or a pure waste of time. Talk is cheap and you certainly do more than your fair share of it here.

You have a nice day too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandyH said:

I doubt it was 2019 .

Whatever. Who cares about your doubts. I have drivers that came off the Klipsch K-402's at that time they were replaced. Worthless data anyhow, regardless. It's 2022 now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

He and I bought K-402 horns with K1133 drivers at about the same time in 2019.

That's what is cool about Claude's comments and threads. He has actually owned most of what he talks about so has actual experience to speak from. He also documents things and has actual pictures which are always of interest.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, Hamilton said:

I'm going to be picking up some reglued/braced KLF 20's which have updated crossovers.  One of the original woofers was cracked when he got these and purchased a "KLF 20 woofer" replacement on eBay roughly 10 years ago for it.  He stated that indeed it was a different part number and the magnet was definitely smaller but couldn't tell any audible difference

the MAHL drop in horns appear to be game changers.  perhaps these machine drop ins could really bring these up a notch.  What do you guys think here?

Sounds like he may have bought a klf-10 woofer as a replacement I've read they have smaller magnets I'd just keep an eye out here in the garage sale section and on eBay for spare 20 woofers to come up for sale they do every so often.

The MAHL w/ B&C drivers are absolutely a higher end product than stock Klipsch tweeters but they have a higher sensitivity which may require an L-pad to tame down a bit they also have a different sound that changes the presentation of the speaker I believe most if not all that have tried them like the change myself included but it is not as subtle as switching to Titanium diaphragms.    

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The MAHL w/ B&C drivers are absolutely a higher end product than stock Klipsch tweeters but they have a higher sensitivity which may require an L-pad to tame down a bit they also have a different sound that changes the presentation of the speaker I believe most if not all that have tried them like the change myself included but it is not as subtle as switching to Titanium diaphragms.    

Keep in mind that most of the people who upgrade tweeters, myself included, are over 50 and need the extra boost in the high frequencies. LOL.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 3:24 PM, RandyH said:

I do .......   keeping accurate information is VIP

yes accurate info is VIP... very important person

"klipsch TI tweeters are superior to crites,  crites are aftermarket clones"    klipsch are aftermarket too... & there is no data or proof to show crites are inferior.  

"jem are the best caps" ...

"chorus 2 midrange are 16 ohms"..  chorus/2, forte/2, heresy/2, quartet etc mid drivers measure ~11.8-12 ohms,  nowhere near 16. 

& thats just in the last week or so....  

• Haha 1