SOLD Onkyo TX-RZ810, $1, NO shipping, Tampa Bay

Emile

4 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

I wonder if this applies

Pretty sure it does. The multi-zone setup is for multi-zone speakers "out." Yes; all CD/DVD decks are set to PCM :) 

Think zone-2 pre-out is just DEAD :(  It's a no go with HDMI inputs and also no go with AC RCA inputs. Note; RCA inputs work on zone-3 :) 

Used zone-2 pre-out to send a signal (from HDMI 1-3 only) to my Crown/KPT-904's. Since I'm pretty sure it does NOT work anymore, planning on just hooking up my main DVD player (Oppo) direct to the KPT's via RCA. Haha, less buttons to push :) for the wife.

Anyone know of any affordable (and less than 16" depth) AVR's that have HDMI to pre-out transfer? Paid $600 for my Onk 4 years ago, but NLA. Only need 5.1. All I can find is a Yamaha RX-A6A which is too deep (and too expensive at $2300). Have not checked out Denon, nor Marantz (hate that little porthole).

Cheers, Emile

On 7/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, Emile said:

planning on just hooking up my main DVD player (Oppo) direct to the KPT's via RCA. Haha, less buttons to push :) for the wife.

That seems like a good plan for the time being, especially since the Oppo has an excellent DAC. So, you keep using the Onkyo for all other normal functions and your wife is happy!

• Haha 1