Heresy Slants Nashville $250

fanofbully

Note that the woofers have been changed. I can't read the dust cap logo, but possibly some kind of car stereo sub-woofer? Unknown if the tweets and squawks are intact, but I wouldn't count on it.

Taking this into account, these could still be a decent deal. But as the Klipsch Heritage buying frenzy continues, the message to any newbies reading this is to look before you leap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

Badges are missing  50$   ,  woofers are not original  200$   ,   speakers need refinishing  100$  , selling price 250$    + 350$  in repairs and parts =  600$ 

Incomplete and misleading, but congrats on upping your post count.

• Like 1

So i believe this is my first post on the forum, but I picked them up. 

It was honestly the most uneasy I’ve ever felt conducting a marketplace deal. The older gentleman is selling what appeared to be pro la scalas as well. But I took a look at these and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. (Imagine dealing with the most rude, old wanna be godfather, trapped in his compound with guard dogs dingy rooms horse/zebra hybrids in the front yard, and the gate closed behind you)

Sound wise, I’d say they were a good deal. I have no interest to restore them as an investment to make money, but rather to dip my toe into resto-modding. (Sorry if that offends but all my other Klipsch started off much nicer and are in beautiful condition)

For background: I currently own KLF30s for face melting 2 ch, Forte Is for relaxing 2ch, mint KG4s, an RP series HT system, KSB 3.1s as desk monitors, and now these. 

I have plenty of questions for an approach and even what I’m looking at, as I picked these up for possibly an office (mini-corner horn esque) 2.1 ch setup and to try heresy’s at a low cost of entry. But I will say these are mismatched (both have their tags - one a black tag listed with HI - SM, and the other a silver plate that says HI ) but I didn’t notice until I got home (again - the purchase experience actually made me nervous) 

I will post pics in the next day or so and maybe you can help me decide what to do with them. 

Alex

CEAB513D-4EE2-44F6-BDBE-47E3DC867E7C-min.jpeg

Edited by revrseat70
Adding picture and changing the product code

Here are the panels. 

I will open them up and take some pictures of the components. I already found what they used to replace the woofers: a 250 watt 12” guitar woofer by “studio pro”. so that’s a bummer

hopefully that’s the only component that will need actual replacement besides recapping. Right now the plan is to sand them down and repair the chipped corners with some wood cement. Once I see what that looks like I’ll decide whether I want to stain or maybe even try veneering?! 

id hate to lose those exposed ply edges though…

098201D5-42FB-439A-A419-B56FE311A6F1-min.jpeg

Edited by revrseat70