Bar 48 LED Issue

Ron O.

I searched and did not find anyone with this issue.  After a vacation where all of my equipment was unplugged from the wall, I return to have the LEDs on top and front flicker then stop working.  I suspect a power supply issue as previously mentioned in posts, but am not savvy enough to replace it.  Two year old unit out of warrant that now completely cuts out at random times using HDMI.  Pops a bit with optical cable (that might be the TV settings).

And I seek the wisdom of @KevinBif you've heard of this one.  Also, I'm super curious - with all of the issues with Bar 48, what influenced you to purchase a Cinema 800????  I love (understatement) the brand also, but it seems that the Soundbar division isn't up to usual Klipsch quality standards.  [I'm a newbie so the system won't let me message you directly]

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:41 AM, Ron O. said:

After a vacation where all of my equipment was unplugged from the wall, I return to have the LEDs on top and front flicker then stop working.  I suspect a power supply issue as previously mentioned in posts, but am not savvy enough to replace it. 

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the Klipsch Community forums. The public forums are the correct place to ask for help. This way, everyone can benefit from the answers.🙂

I suspect your assessment of the issue is correct. Unfortunately, after two years, it is unlikely you can get a warranty replacement but I would try anyway.

If you can't get a replacement your only other option is to take it in to a Klipsch dealer who does repairs or an electronics service depot and see if they can repair it. They may be able to locate a replacement power supply or maybe identify a few capacitors that need to be replaced. In any case, it's likely to cost a lot less than a new soundbar. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:41 AM, Ron O. said:

Also, I'm super curious - with all of the issues with Bar 48, what influenced you to purchase a Cinema 800????  

I didn't! 🙂

The Cinema 800 is my fourth soundbar. See this post for more details.

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses.  I'll start doing some searches for authorized repair near San Diego, fingers crossed!  Or considering buying refurbished from Klipsch Ebay store.  It's offered with a 2 year Allstate warranty which sounds vital given the shared issues.

• Like 1

@KevinBThanks very much for your kind guidance. Reading your posts and maintaining your spirit of honest good-faith communication brought me to a very favorable outcome with Klipsch Support. Thanks to you, and their great team!  Klipsch for life.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I had something like that happen with my soundbar once. After a long weekend away, the LEDs started flickering, and the sound got all wonky. I'm not great with tech stuff, so I took it to this local repair shop. They fixed it up without costing me an arm and a leg, and it was way easier than trying to do it myself.

Choosing electronics can be a headache, right? I always end up reading a ton of reviews and asking around before I buy anything, especially with brands I like but aren’t always consistent.

If you're looking into fixing stuff or just understanding more about electronics, leds.to is a pretty cool site. It helped me get a better grip on what was going on with my soundbar.

Edited by MassiveG