The Heritage Jubilee have arrived!

MMurg

49 minutes ago, babadono said:

Ok @MMurg what did you ask for on the live show?

The only question I asked was about how well these slide on the carpet.  However, I think Klipsch's reply to me was to my mentioning that the spec sheet for the Jubilee is still not on the Jubilee product page of the website.  Matt said it was during the livestream, but it's still not there for Jubilee.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Well, the first two LPs I ever purchased with the money from my paper route were Captain Fantastic (which was released just a few months before) and Elton John's Greatest Hits.  That should date me somewhat.  Now get off my lawn.  🙂 

So you're just a young jitterbug....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

A good portion of his music is well recorded, and there are some good demo tracks.

Elton 60 DVD, has a bonus disc called Live, Rare, and Unseen. It has some fantastic live tracks mostly from 1970 through the early 80's. 👍 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MMurg said:

The only question I asked was about how well these slide on the carpet.  However, I think Klipsch's reply to me was to my mentioning that the spec sheet for the Jubilee is still not on the Jubilee product page of the website.  Matt said it was during the livestream, but it's still not there for Jubilee.

Yes, sliding on the carpet is a big big help.  The older La Scalas (with the top-loading woofers) have nice flat bottoms and steel button feet, so you can slide them easily on carpet, and maybe on hardwood as well.  You can reposition them easily anytime you like.

The La Scala IIs, on the other hand, have those risers, with all their panels visible on the bottom.  This means that they sink into the carpet, feet or no feet, and have to be lifted if you want to move them.  If you try pushing them, you'll break something, so it's pretty much a two-person job to aim them in a different direction, and in my case the big 402 tweeters have to come off first.  That's no big deal, because I have extra-long speaker cables, but that leaves the 175 lb weight of the stock LS2s.  Off comes the HF cabinet, with no wires in my case, and then the LF cabinets can be gently wrestled whichever way you want them to go.

Last year, I decided I wanted to widen the very narrow sweet spot, so I enlisted my bro-in-law to help me.  Together, we reduced the amount of toe-in, which counterintuitively did not help much at all.  Several months later, I read a 1951 page of The Dope From Hope, in which PWK recommended aiming each speaker at the opposite corner of the room, in effect crossing them in front of the listening position, not behind it as they had been.

It worked!  No, I didn't move the cabinets, I just re-aimed the tweeters, which was dead easy, because they slide easily on top of the HF cabinets, like a pair of La Scala Industrial splits.  Of course, that looks a bit goofy.  If only the LS2s had those nice flat bottoms that make life so much easier!  I checked at a plastics retailer, who may have just the slippery stuff I need, in sheets of half-inch to one-inch thickness.

Maybe, I'll ask another favour and get the BiL to help me slide those sheets under the speakers and them be ready for any experimentation that occurs to me, but I hate owing favours.

Anyway, let this serve as a request to Klipsch.  Please make the heavy speakers easy to slide on the carpet, just like the older models!  As well as the convenience, they'd be less delicate, and "harder to damage" is always a plus, am I right?

7 hours ago, Islander said:

I checked at a plastics retailer, who may have just the slippery stuff I need, in sheets of half-inch to one-inch thickness.

Maybe, I'll ask another favour and get the BiL to help me slide those sheets under the speakers and them be ready for any experimentation that occurs to me, but I hate owing favours.

Once I figured out the approximate location I needed for my LS2s, I pulled them out of the way and laid two sheet of 16" x 32" LVT flooring on top of the carpet for each speaker to sit on. Once in place, I have several inches in all directions to adjust the speakers' precise placement.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/ProCore-Plus-6-Piece-16-in-x-32-in-Arcadia-Interlocking-Luxury-Vinyl-Tile/1003091576

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Islander said:

Yes, sliding on the carpet is a big big help.  The older La Scalas (with the top-loading woofers) have nice flat bottoms and steel button feet, so you can slide them easily on carpet, and maybe on hardwood as well.  You can reposition them easily anytime you like.

The La Scala IIs, on the other hand, have those risers, with all their panels visible on the bottom.  This means that they sink into the carpet, feet or no feet, and have to be lifted if you want to move them.  If you try pushing them, you'll break something, so it's pretty much a two-person job to aim them in a different direction, and in my case the big 402 tweeters have to come off first.  That's no big deal, because I have extra-long speaker cables, but that leaves the 175 lb weight of the stock LS2s.  Off comes the HF cabinet, with no wires in my case, and then the LF cabinets can be gently wrestled whichever way you want them to go.

Last year, I decided I wanted to widen the very narrow sweet spot, so I enlisted my bro-in-law to help me.  Together, we reduced the amount of toe-in, which counterintuitively did not help much at all.  Several months later, I read a 1951 page of The Dope From Hope, in which PWK recommended aiming each speaker at the opposite corner of the room, in effect crossing them in front of the listening position, not behind it as they had been.

It worked!  No, I didn't move the cabinets, I just re-aimed the tweeters, which was dead easy, because they slide easily on top of the HF cabinets, like a pair of La Scala Industrial splits.  Of course, that looks a bit goofy.  If only the LS2s had those nice flat bottoms that make life so much easier!  I checked at a plastics retailer, who may have just the slippery stuff I need, in sheets of half-inch to one-inch thickness.

Anyway, let this serve as a request to Klipsch.  Please make the heavy speakers easy to slide on the carpet, just like the older models!  As well as the convenience, they'd be less delicate, and "harder to damage" is always a plus, am I right?

I moved my Klipschorns by myself across my carpet without disassembling them... no problem. I also moved and set up jubilees by myself, though I did need help to get them in the house. I used a hand truck and a lot of padding between the HT and the speaker. The klipschorn was actually fairly easy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still amazed that Klipsch chose to ship the 402 assembly with the driver attached. that Celestion is almost 20lbs and I would rather it be safe if it were shipped in their own padded box.

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am still amazed that Klipsch chose to ship the 402 assembly with the driver attached. that Celestion is almost 20lbs and I would safer if it were shipped in their own padded box.

Seeing how they're palletized and shipped freight really don't think it would be an issue pallet would have to tip over and then there would certainly be bigger issues to deal with.

Curious the Heritage Jubilee retains the “Professional” logo when it is actually  part of the Heritage line? While it may indeed “out professional” the Underground Jubes those were indeed made for pro theater applications, the Heritage certainly is not. 

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I use furniture sliders underneath my LS II. You could move them with one hand if you were so inclined.

Is that on carpet?  BTW, the previous owner replaced the original feet on my LS2s with small rubber feet to protect his hardwood floors.  What type of feet does the La Scala II originally have?

47 minutes ago, richieb said:

Curious the Heritage Jubilee retains the “Professional” logo when it is actually  part of the Heritage line? While it may indeed “out professional” the Underground Jubes those were indeed made for pro theater applications, the Heritage certainly is not. 

There is no Professional branding on the Heritage Jubilee boxes.  I think the framed box pieces earlier in the thread were from someone's Underground Jubilee. 

21 minutes ago, Islander said:

Is that on carpet?  BTW, the previous owner replaced the original feet on my LS2s with small rubber feet to protect his hardwood floors.  What type of feet does the La Scala II originally have?

Yes it  is on carpet. But they make sliders for hardwood floors too.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Islander said:

The new Jubilee has a big foot pad with button feet as pictured below.  If these button feet are similar to the ones on the older La Scala, then I may not need to do anything for them to slide on carpet.  What do you think?

288962824_597926768242041_2415513840840819266_n.jpg

• Like 1