The Heritage Jubilee have arrived!

MMurg

Little metal button feet allow for sliding on carpet? I would think it depends on the thickness of the pile and the weight of the object(the LF Jube) I say splurge and get some of those plastic furniture slider thingys from Harbor Freight.  On my travertine tile floors they were worthless but on carpet I think they would work.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=furniture+slider&utm_source=go&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=search&cid=go_social&_gl=1*1vjwz44*_ga*YW1wLVBabHFrUlJKanpDMWpodk9tS2JIaEE.

15 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Most of my source material isn't good enough for a loudspeaker like this. I'm almost grateful.

But I would love to hear some of Mark (DR. AIX) Waldrep's 24/96 original master recordings on these.

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

The new Jubilee has a big foot pad with button feet as pictured below.  If these button feet are similar to the ones on the older La Scala, then I may not need to do anything for them to slide on carpet.  What do you think?

288962824_597926768242041_2415513840840819266_n.jpg

The advantage of the low profile button feet is that they don’t snag on the carpet, allowing the speaker to slide on its flat bottom, because of the low pressure per square inch due to the large area of the flat bottom.

However, it’s possible that the weight of the big Jubilee may cause it to totally flatten the carpet under it, making it hard to move by sliding.  IMHO, the best bet might be to lay down a hard surface for them to sit on, making them much easier to slide.  On the other hand, those Magic Moving Sliders from Harbour Freight look intriguing.  Six of them per speaker could be the perfect thing.  Maybe a call to Cory could let you find out how the Jubilees sit on carpet.

However, do you think you’re likely to sometimes experiment with your speaker positioning and orientation, or will you have them plunked down where it seems most practical and leave them there?  In that case, easy mobility doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Islander said:

The advantage of the low profile button feet is that they don’t snag on the carpet, allowing the speaker to slide on its flat bottom, because of the low pressure per square inch due to the large area of the flat bottom.

However, it’s possible that the weight of the big Jubilee may cause it to totally flatten the carpet under it, making it hard to move by sliding.  IMHO, the best bet might be to lay down a hard surface for them to sit on, making them much easier to slide.  On the other hand, those Magic Moving Sliders from Harbour Freight look intriguing.  Six of them per speaker could be the perfect thing.  Maybe a call to Cory could let you find out how the Jubilees sit on carpet.

However, do you think you’re likely to sometimes experiment with your speaker positioning and orientation, or will you have them plunked down where it seems most practical and leave them there?  In that case, easy mobility doesn’t matter.

I don't have any Klipsch with those button feet.  Any idea if they are removable?  If I could just take them off, I think I'd be OK.

Yes Sir, they are just a standard furniture foot(? terminology) with one tack in the middle fastening them into the wood. The tack is an integral part of the foot. Easy to pry off. But I'm thinking Chief would ask why do you want to remove them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

I don't have any Klipsch with those button feet.  Any idea if they are removable?  If I could just take them off, I think I'd be OK.

I don’t think there would be any benefit in removing the steel button feet.  On carpet, their presence goes unnoticed, although they might help slightly when moving the speakers.

On a hard floor, the button feet are essential in making the speakers movable at all.  They might scratch a tile floor, but using either those furniture sliders or a couple of those big snap-together tiles would take care of that.

We may be over-thinking this.  In my case, now that I’ve seen a picture of the wide black plastic feet on the AL5s, I think I’ll order a set for my LS2s.  They may be just what I need.

As I think I mentioned earlier, I was looking at a pair of La Scala or Belle Klipsch for surrounds in the rear corners in front of the bass traps.  I think I may have found a pair of La Scala I like within a reasonable drive.  However, due to my small room size I'll only be about 5.5 feet from the front of the La Scala.  Is that unreasonably close for those speakers?  Thanks.

56 minutes ago, MMurg said:

As I think I mentioned earlier, I was looking at a pair of La Scala or Belle Klipsch for surrounds in the rear corners in front of the bass traps.  I think I may have found a pair of La Scala I like within a reasonable drive.  However, due to my small room size I'll only be about 5.5 feet from the front of the La Scala.  Is that unreasonably close for those speakers?  Thanks.

After you install your big new speakers, place the two empty K-402 horn boxes into the room where the surrounds would sit and see if you are comfortable with that size.

Just now, Khornukopia said:

After you install your big new speakers, place the two empty K-402 horn boxes into the room where the surrounds would sit and see if you are comfortable with that size.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I'm not worried about the physical size of the La Scala.  I measured and they will fit (barely 🙂) where I want to put them.  I'm worried about whether the 5.5 feet to the listening position is far enough for them to cohere acoustically.  I know you need some distance for KHorns to cohere.  I didn't know if the La Scala had a similar issue.

1 minute ago, MMurg said:

I have quite a few multichannel classical and jazz SACDs that I really enjoy.

I feeel like a hypocrit as I sit in my living room with Belle's and Klipschorns in the corners lol... I just wonder how even other heritage will keep up with Jubilee's.... I hope it works.

13 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

I have 5 big KPT speakers in my room but, for music, only the 2 front speakers are on. I suggest you wait and listen to your new speakers for a while before buying more.

Sorry, but I did not ask whether I should do a multichannel system or not.  I'm a fan of well-recorded multichannel classical and jazz recordings. This system is going to be 5.0.  It may not be used that way the majority of the time, but I want it available.  I already have a single Belle Klipsch on the way that I intend to turn into a "JuBelle" center with an Axi2050/ZXPC 18x10 horn.  I already own KLF-30 that will be used as surrounds unless I can really use something fully horn-loaded like the used La Scala AL5 I'm considering.

I just want to know if La Scala will work acoustically as surrounds in the back corners at a distance of a 5.5 to 6 feet from the main listening position.  Thanks.

• Like 1