The Heritage Jubilee have arrived!

MMurg

3 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Everything. I was shocked seeing the new price for a pair of LaScala's a couple of days ago. I does not seem that long ago that a pair was around 8 grand. Now over 13 grand. I am sure that price will keep a lot of potential buyers from ever enjoying the sound of these wonderful speakers. But the price of a fast food hamburger has gone up a lot too. 

So true and with that in mind - “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today” - 🍔

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

This is my long-winded way of suggesting that we get this thread back on track and learn more about the reveal and first impressions.

Well, we all know horns are honky.... so we already have that part of the equation covered.

:emotion-21:

• Sad 1

A bit of a rhetorical question...

Can those who have the Undergrounders......  look lovingly at the new Heritage Jubilee sort of as a grandchild?

Yeah, creepy.....I know.  Still...just wondering, for a friend of course.  

I'm looking forward to many pictures and commentary....so I'll go hang that door or paint the room for a 6th time as I wait.  (yeah, sixth, don't ask.....the wife didn't like the shade of color the first five times)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The 30's look like a perfect fit and height for rear surrounds in that room, probably be just fine with what you got going on. I own a set of 30's and they are great speakers I'd rank them right in between the forte II and Chorus II in terms of performance. That being said they really are a different animal than the 325's with the k-691 2" exit driver and all their big, open midrange goodiness. 

If I got the 325s then I'd probably be compelled to go active and replace the K-691 with Axi2050.  😁  Going fully horn-loaded with La Scala is the rabbit hole I'll probably go down for now if I do something other than the KLF-30.  Of course, I may be compelled to turn those into JubScala at some point.  I'm hoping at some point I'll just be happy with what I have. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

there is a pair of AL5's for sale on Audiogon for 7k if someone wanted to split it. that's 3500'ish for a great center channel. Might even be able to talk him down to 6500

Those are the ones I'm buying.  😁  Already spoke to the seller.  Just waiting for the money from my financial advisor to drop in my checking account on Monday. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MMurg said:

If I got the 325s then I'd probably be compelled to go active and replace the K-691 with Axi2050.  😁  Going fully horn-loaded with La Scala is the rabbit hole I'll probably go down for now if I do something other than the KLF-30.  Of course, I may be compelled to turn those into JubScala at some point.  I'm hoping at some point I'll just be happy with what I have. 🙂

With an active pair of Main speakers, you may find the relative simplicity of the single-amped Surround AL5s to be one less thing to think about, especially if their amplifier has a similar power output and sound quality to that of the ones powering the Jubilees.  Turn on (your system) and tune in (to the music) and you’re there, in the place you want to be.  Hey, JubScalas are a concept that I can vouch for, but in the Surround position a fine-sounding amplifier driving your AL5s may give you all you need or want, with an understated (by the standard of us fanatics) look to your system.

In my case, I knew I was there when I added the two higher-end subs, replacing the single mid-range model.  Now the sound came together, from bottom to top.  Since then, I just roll up the volume (the system is always powered up, per recommendations from Yamaha) and enjoy, with no thought (finally!) of any possible tweaks or upgrades needed.  Any significant weaknesses have been addressed (that “S” word is the key), so there are no small or large tweaks or upgrades to think about.  The sound is there.  It’s nice.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Islander said:

Hey, JubScalas are a concept that I can vouch for, but in the Surround position a fine-sounding amplifier driving your AL5s may give you all you need or want, with an understated (by the standard of us fanatics) look to your system.

I’m surprised that the JubScala Idea hasn’t received more attention . It seems like a great way to utilize the 402 horn.🤓

On 7/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, Islander said:

the system is always powered up, per recommendations from Yamaha

Both of my systems are always powered up also. Something I did on my own.

I have 3 Yamaha Pre-Pros as front end units for 2 and 11 channels respectively with one unused spare unit. Did the Yamaha recommendation come from the web, a PDF, or a phone conversation? Are the amps you leave on Class D types?

Enquiring minds want to know. LOL.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, MMurg said:

I tried a damp cloth, Murphy's Oil Soap, and Tibet Almond Stick.  No luck with those.  Any other suggestions? 

Is it a lacquer finish? If so I would try some pure tung oil wetted on some 0000 steel wool. Rub it judiciously and remove excess tung oil almost immediately.