Best low budget bookshelf speakers to buy?

56 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I've currently just got the ads L1230's and CF-3 v1's but have listed the CF-3's as I want to try some other things; one potentially being the Studio 590's.  Or, the larger set of L1530's, which I loved back when they were new.  Missed out on a couple of killer deals over the last couple months....Vestorovic System 12a's and VMPS RM40's.  If I could have made it on a Friday, I could have had either....but I was on call and apparently people couldn't wait till the next morning.  Sheesh.

If you go JBL Studio, I'd try the 580s with a subwoofer.  When the designer says in firm terms that the 580 is better, hard not to listen.  I think he had mentioned that the woofers integrate better and that the 590s had a bigger woofer for marketing. 

I think that it was in this video.  The interviewer is not very good, but it is an interview with Timbers. 

19 hours ago, Islander said:

Just keep checking the ads and keep putting money aside every month and you may be listening to Heritage speakers in your room sooner than you’d think.

Good plan!  I should sell some of my old stuff too...that would help the cause!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:15 PM, thebes said:

A used in good shape pair of KG 1.5's would fit the bill. Great sound, for their size but not horn loaded.

Have I been mistaken all these years?  I was of the understanding the tweeter incorporated what was referred to as a "dhorn".

Yes you could be correct, don't know for sure. However, there is no mid-horn which, in my personal opinion, is where the magic lies. Of, and obviously no folded horn for the bottom end.