Heresy BR wood question and a couple other questions

ahardbody

Hello, On the raw birch plywood (?) Heresy speakers, do they still have a layer of veneer? I noticed a few spots on mine where the edge is chipping. Also I'm thinking of changing the color ( I know it's a touchy subject) but I wanted to make them black, would a stain or paint be better?

Also is the first generation the only Heresy's that had the small black speaker connector with the 2 screws?

Thanks.

I guess the proper question to ask is, are your Heresies birch PLYWOOD ro birch VENEER? I don't know that answer but I'm sure another forum member will supply the answer.

The difference between the two can be found HERE.

As far as finish goes, I recommend a stain because a paint will leave brush marks and not display the grain well. I suggest Watco Danish Oil in Ebony.

I suppose you could spray paint them, but nothing enhances wood grain like a stain!

Regarding the input terminals: I don't know.

@ahardbody... welcome!

A pic of the labels on the rear along with a pic without the grille front may help answer your questions. The terminals sound like the original Heresy as opposed to an H2.

Thanks!

IAC, should be at least raw birch plywood.

Edited by billybob

2 hours ago, ahardbody said:

Hello, On the raw birch plywood (?) Heresy speakers, do they still have a layer of veneer? I noticed a few spots on mine where the edge is chipping. Also I'm thinking of changing the color ( I know it's a touchy subject) but I wanted to make them black, would a stain or paint be better?

Also is the first generation the only Heresy's that had the small black speaker connector with the 2 screws?

Thanks.

the H1 is Fir plywood with 1 ply of birch veneer ..........paint is better than stain , and..........yes , the Heresy 1 is the only Heresy with a  black plastic terminal with 2 screws , the Heresy 2-3-4 have binding posts