PC & Facebook question...

Coytee

I log into facebook (notice small case f) once in a blue moon.  I'm now getting ALERTS whenever someone posts their grandchild is having a 2nd birthday or where they went to eat.

This is suggesting to me that fb is running in the background so they can alert me and of course, draw me back.

Bluntly, this is very annoying to me....and one reason why I go there so infrequently.  Anyone know how I can genuinely shut fb down so that when I close it, it is OFF without any background monitoring of what perhaps I'm having for lunch?

When it's on, I get they're watching me.  When it's off, I also get that they are probably watching me....  but just shut the heck up and stop bothering me when I close the program.

How can I do this?

Is this happening on your phone?  iPhone or Android?  You can turn off notifications for the facebook app right from your phone settings!  The best bet is to go to facebook.com>settings>notifications and turn off all the notification that you don't want!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Coytee, quite often when working with facebook I encounter problems at work, I do advertising and there are practically no alternatives to facebook, so I can't afford to spend a lot of time talking to support and waiting for their response for several days, so I usually just buy ready-made account at https://accfarm.com/buy-facebook-accounts. There are no complaints about the guys, the bills are always well warmed up and the price is within reason

Edited by GlenSerrano