The Jubilee are in the house!

MMurg

Thanks to the piano movers I can finally listen to these bad boys.  The move in went smoothly.  After assessing the situation, this is what the three men did.  First thing they did was set up a metal ramp that reached from my front walk, over the front stoop and up the additional step to the door.  They unboxed the bass bins in the garage.  For each one, they tipped it forward onto a rubber-topped moving dolly with a furniture blanket over it to get it off the pallet and get the foam off the bottom.  They stood it up to get the dolly out from under the front and then tipped it backward a bit to get the dolly underneath the bottom.  They then carefully rolled it up the ramp, through the front door, and put them in place in their respective corners.  They just carried in the HF sections in and set them on top of the bass bins.  I didn’t get to take many pictures or videos because I was helping, moving boxes/packing out of the way, opening doors, etc.  (I took two short videos of one bass bin rolling around, but they are too big to upload here.)

I had wired in the DSP ahead of time.  I’m glad I color coded my interconnects and speaker wires to make sure my connections were correct.  So, once I hooked up the HF drivers to the binding posts and plugged in the speaker wires, we were ready to hear something.  I asked the piano movers if they wanted to hear anything.  The company owner said Pink Floyd.  😊  So, I grabbed my old Mobile Fidelity CD of Dark Side of the Moon.  At first, we heard nothing and boy, was I worried.  Turns out that I had set the DSP to Auto On but apparently that wasn’t working the way I expected.  Once I manually turned it on, then we had music.  I started with both DSP gain knobs at the middle (12 o’clock or 5 out of 10) position as Roy suggested.  The bass was a bit much that way.  I slowly increased the HF gain and settled at just less than one additional marking higher (like 5.8 out of 10).  The piano movers were amazed.  After listening to that for a while, the piano movers left to go to another job.  I then started a re-listen of the playlist I used to evaluate the Jubilee at JubFest last October (https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/dd125d8dc60b40389c79ee7faf583094sune?ref=dm_sh_cdb4-5933-bdcd-794b-eb995).

Man, @Chief bonehead was right.  These behemoths sound awesome in my smallish living room.  I guess smaller rooms do need bigger horns.  😊  This isn’t the first time I’ve heard these speakers and they are as great here in my house as I remember them being in the Klipsch lab listening room at JubFest.  If I had to describe the sound it a few words it would be dynamics, detail, imaging, and integration.  I have never heard a speaker with greater dynamic range than these.  Everything is so percussive and life-like that you feel like you could touch it.  The amount of detail I’m hearing for the first time in some very familiar recordings is extraordinary.  The imaging is also unbelievable.  The first cut off Jazz at the Pawnshop made me feel like I was sitting in the Jazzpuben Stampen in Stockholm where the album was recorded.  I could close my eyes and “see” the clinking dinner plates and people talking in the background.  Finally, the integration or “oneness” on the sound is fantastic.  I thought I had good integration of my P-39F with the three subs in that system, but that’s got nothing on hearing the entire frequency range coming out of two speakers.  I’m overjoyed with what I’m hearing.  I can’t believe this is finally a reality.

PXL_20220714_135555592 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220714_121508951.MP (Large).jpg

PXL_20220714_121713718 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220714_121239009 (Large).jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Thanks to the piano movers I can finally listen to these bad boys.

I thought I had good integration of my P-39F with the three subs in that system, but that’s got nothing on hearing the entire frequency range coming out of two speakers.  I’m overjoyed with what I’m hearing.  I can’t believe this is finally a reality.

I am truly happy for you... I can hear it in your writings, the excitement is intoxicating.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Pay no attention to what's behind the curtain.

What's behind the curtain?

That's an acoustic blanket covering the fireplace that I never use to approximate a smooth front wall.

• Like 4