The Jubilee are in the house!

MMurg

9 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

80% excursion, yes. Too much of a good thing before posting hastily.

Yes; sine waves at 80% rated power for 10 minutes would have the police visiting what was left of your house. 😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Schu said:

Confirmation that an equilibrium, that falls into a specification range, was needed?

You could also look at it as extended quality control, that the factory is absolutely positively sure that the speakers are within spec and ready to be fully enjoyed the minute they come out of their boxes.  Some car manufacturers also run in their engines before delivery, so their full performance is available from the minute they’re delivered.  Ferrari and Bugatti come to mind.

Premium products aren’t distinguished only by their superior performance. The more thoughtful before- and after-sales service is part of the premium buying experience.

12 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

For the jub, we break in the all the woofers and compression drivers in the lab. We also match the drivers for a pair. Shhhh!!!  That’s a a secret. 

It's probably the only way to achieve tighter R and L channel tolerances by recurving, selecting, and matching (to get twin mids and quadruplet woofers) right? But that's a secret too.

• Klipsch Employees
On 7/18/2022 at 10:30 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

It's probably the only way to achieve tighter R and L channel tolerances by recurving, selecting, and matching (to get twin mids and quadruplet woofers) right? But that's a secret too.

The drivers and woofers are very close to our standard curve. I just wanted to add that extra touch in matching them. 

• Like 3

The final Jubilee puzzle – What to do with the boxes?  I didn’t have a place at my house for them unless I wanted them to occupy a bedroom or unless I threw out a bunch of stuff in the garage.  Luckily, my ex-wife graciously offered to let me store them in the huge basement in her house.  So, they made the trip (well, two trips) today in a pickup rented from Lowes.  They now sit next to the boxes for the Forte originally owned by my ex-wife’s father that are now in her living room.  Caesar the cat is unsure about this incursion into his empire.  😊

PXL_20220719_174637265 (Large).jpg

PXL_20220719_210636889 (Large).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

The drivers and woofers are very close to our standard curve. I just wanted to add that extra touch in matching them. 

For a flagship product, dotted i's and crossed t's is a good idea. Right on bro!

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

So, they made the trip (well, two trips) today in a pickup rented from Lowes.

Do you also have Walmarts? I found it interesting to go to a huge Walmart in Nanchang, Jiangxi, China. So different, yet so much the same.

It's nice you get to store the boxes. I kept the boxes for my (much smaller) JBLs and used them when making over a dozen moves over 25 years. Still have the JBLs but finally let the boxes go.

• Like 1